Dreamworld Gold Rush Area Retheme

Town of Gold Rush  

40 members have voted

1. 1. Should the town of gold rush remain or be rethemed?

• Keep the site
    • Change/Re-theme the site

TPG is correct that the backstory was removed after the incident, and the page was edited ages recently due to sensitivity/respect.

I feel that the Gold Rush theme days are numbered, as it is not a drawcard where a new theme would be, I like the idea of the Vintage Cars being relocated (again) until a major drawcard is installed.

Totally agree with you @Theme Park Girl - I don't think I already knew that DW had removed theming around Buzzsaw & the general Town Of Gold Rush area so yeah, they are probably just removing sensitive theming rather than just preparing a total re-theme. I believe the back story to Buzzsaw took a while (rather than very quickly) to disappear from their website & that was what made me think they are possibly preparing a re-theme as I went to the Buzzsaw back story webpage a few times post-Thunder River Rapids incident.

17 hours ago, Aw hype said:

I don't know if this occurred to anyone, but technically giant drop is in the themed area of rocky hollow. What 'area' would the giant drop fall into if and when rocky hollow log ride is demolished? It seems kind of pointless to keep it in 'rocky hollow' if the ride specifically named for the area is gone

Since early last year up to now, all those rides are in the Town Of Gold Rush area according to the park map. By the way, I have always wanted to know why Rocky Hollow is called Rocky Hollow. Does anyone know why?

16 hours ago, wipeout94 said:

The Vintage Cars have been listed as closed for maintenance for a while. 

Could Jamberoo Fan may be onto something, as in a relocation to Gold Rush?

I think the current closure of Vintage Cars is unrelated as if it is going to be relocated, you need to demolish Thunder River Rapids first and that as well as any future plans are not on DW's mind until all the safety audits are complete plus the actual removal of Thunder River Rapids is going to take a long time. Better to get as many rides operating as possible until Thunder River Rapids is fully removed before beginning any relocations.

16 hours ago, MickeyD said:

^ or could it be the possibility that the Vintage cars are an 'in house' attraction and therefore slated for removal?

It already opened for a day or so before closing again so I don't think that's the case if they already opened it once.

On 09/01/2017 at 5:01 PM, Jamberoo Fan said:

By the way, I have always wanted to know why Rocky Hollow is called Rocky Hollow. Does anyone know why?

You would have to ask the original owner of DW that question.

Rocky Hollow was one of the areas that park opened with in 1981. Gold Rush Country opened in 1986 (5 years later).

Could it perhaps have some sort of link to rocky hollow the stop motion animated TV show?

Now here's a forgotten series. Acorn, Sycamore, Mr Oak, Miss Myrtle, Conker
     and Rosie Woodpigeon dwelled in the sunny woodland glade of Rocky Hollow. 

rocky-5.jpg

A sunny woodland glade sounds like it would have fitted Rocky Hollow perfectly. I realise this series came about after the ride\area in the park did - but perhaps theres some link between the two?