Rick's Americain Cafe still unlimited?

WCE87

On 10/03/2014 at 10:20 PM, aaronm said:

I wonder when the parks will realise that food can be a drawcard in itself? I'm not just talking about Epcot either, most of the Busch/SeaWorld parks have great food offerings, and Knoebels has better food than a lot of restaurants.

Carnivale has a focus on foods from around the world, which suits as it is a special event. Not many people are going to buy a 120 dollar pass or a 80 dollar admission ticket for food

@Gold Coast Amusement Force not at this point in time but if it wasn't a market then parks like Disney wouldn't have dine in table service restaurants serving three course meals. I would go to the parks for food if they were open later to accommodate the dining options. I paid around $100 at one of the restaurants at Disneyland last visit and would happily do it again. If our parks offered something with the level of service and quality I experienced I am sure I wouldn't be the only one who would dine in at the park having a proper meal.

2 minutes ago, pin142 said:

@Gold Coast Amusement Force not at this point in time but if it wasn't a market then parks like Disney wouldn't have dine in table service restaurants serving three course meals. I would go to the parks for food if they were open later to accommodate the dining options. I paid around $100 at one of the restaurants at Disneyland last visit and would happily do it again. If our parks offered something with the level of service and quality I experienced I am sure I wouldn't be the only one who would dine in at the park having a proper meal.

I was referring to you calling it a draw card, something that people would go to a theme park for

Food is definitely a draw card. So is beverage. 

I haven't done Carnivale this year but I dropped a lot of money last year and it was awesome. 

Same as park fine dining. It's not really a thing here but overseas, especially at Disney quality dining is a big part of the theme park experience. I've dined at Carthay Circle many times, they even sell Grange by the glass!!

Ive always thought it a missed opportunity at Sea World here. The old Broadwater restaurant has probably one of the best views on the Gold Coast and I always saw it becoming a destination restaurant. 

Umtimately it wasn't to be and has now been repurposed. 

1 hour ago, Gold Coast Amusement Force said:

Don't get me started on people with strollers who think they need to leave it down a walking strip

In any restaurant, a good server will usually position parents with a stroller on a major walkway, so that it can be parked next to the table whilst still permitting a reasonable passageway.

My little guy is about to turn 1, so with my limited year of experience with this thing, they can be tricky to maneuver into narrow areas, and this sort of accommodation at a restaurant is very much appreciated.

If it is blocking more than half the walkway, I totally agree with you, but few restaurants offer a special area for strollers to be parked, and you would be surprised at the amount of shit you need to carry with you for one tiny little human.

If it partially blocks a path meaning one-way traffic only is possible, you'll have to wait a few extra seconds before you can get through - boo-hoo. remember, your parents once parked you beside a table whilst they tried to enjoy a rare sit-down meal - everybody was a baby once...

31 minutes ago, AlexB said:

In any restaurant, a good server will usually position parents with a stroller on a major walkway, so that it can be parked next to the table whilst still permitting a reasonable passageway.

My little guy is about to turn 1, so with my limited year of experience with this thing, they can be tricky to maneuver into narrow areas, and this sort of accommodation at a restaurant is very much appreciated.

If it is blocking more than half the walkway, I totally agree with you, but few restaurants offer a special area for strollers to be parked, and you would be surprised at the amount of shit you need to carry with you for one tiny little human.

If it partially blocks a path meaning one-way traffic only is possible, you'll have to wait a few extra seconds before you can get through - boo-hoo. remember, your parents once parked you beside a table whilst they tried to enjoy a rare sit-down meal - everybody was a baby once...

They have an area for the strollers 

fine. good for them - i'm still unlikely to use it when I have a one year old if the walkway can accommodate it without completely blocking it.

If i've just brought a stroller for say - a 3 year old capable of walking about by himself but just so he doesn't tire out his legs, i'm sure he could do without the stroller in a restaurant for half an hour - but younger children - especially those not yet walking have little patience to be in a highchair, and the stroller is both more comfortable, convenient for taking a nap if appropriate (and trust me - the parents pray its appropriate), as well as carrying all of the child's food, drinks, cleaning supplies, change of clothes etc etc.

I'm not parking that in an out of the way parking area - but by all means will do so when the stroller is nothing more than a leg-saver.

• 2 weeks later...
On ‎12‎/‎01‎/‎2017 at 8:17 AM, RossL said:

Ummm, I think we're talking about different things.  I think the question was about the unlimited dining which you could go to Ricks Cafe several times for, as opposed to just once.  Maybe I've misunderstood.

Thanks RossL, that is what I was chasing the info about. Where you paid a one off amount and could eat there for 3 weeks.

On ‎11‎/‎01‎/‎2017 at 6:44 PM, AlexB said:

Shit - that was hard.

http://bfy.tw/9PEA

http://movieworld.com.au/Food-and-shopping/Food.aspx

Does anyone actually try to find the information out themselves anymore?

I should have worded it better then your sarcasm wouldn't have been warranted, but thanks anyway.

Edited by WCE87

• 4 months later...
  • 10 months later...

Sorry to dig up an old thread but due to hit the GC for the NSW school holidays and wanted to plan out the expenses - thinking of getting the Hunger Buster option but wanted to get an idea of what it covers. So for MW, a meal would be burger, chips and drink from Gotham burgers? Kids meals as well? And snack would be a scoop from B&J or a dessert option from Sweet Treats? What size coffee can you get from Village Bean, just the standard size cup? Are slushies considered a "snack" for the purpose of this deal?

52 minutes ago, Redboost said:

Sorry to dig up an old thread but due to hit the GC for the NSW school holidays and wanted to plan out the expenses - thinking of getting the Hunger Buster option but wanted to get an idea of what it covers. So for MW, a meal would be burger, chips and drink from Gotham burgers? Kids meals as well? And snack would be a scoop from B&J or a dessert option from Sweet Treats? What size coffee can you get from Village Bean, just the standard size cup? Are slushies considered a "snack" for the purpose of this deal?

Truth be told it's probably a question better and more accurately answered by the park's social media team.

@Redboost it won’t include drinks as meals at movieworld don’t include drinks. There is a whole FAQ about it on the website. Unfortunately the link to the actual food you can access doesn’t work, but the FAQ mentioned burgers & seafood, as well as scoop ice cream, fruit salad and churros

https://themeparks.com.au/box-office/theme-park-extras/select-tickets.aspx

AF6B9BE6-BCF2-4528-B83F-DC9F7EC84254.jpeg

Edited by Brad2912
  • Like 1