Motocoaster vs. Jet Rescue: What's better & Who's right?

I saw people debating within another topic which was a better ride.  This gave me an idea.   Here you can nominate two different rides from different parks.  The idea is the rides you nominate are competing for the same guest.  For example and this is just for @reanimated35  Big Red Car @ DW vs Superman Escape @ MW are not competing for the same guest and would not battle.

I will start and keep it simple for the first one.

Mick Doohan's Motocoaster @ DW vs Jet Rescue @ SW        

If you don't agree with the nominated rides competing than call it out.  It would also be cool if all the battles were not all main stream parks.  I should also note this is for rides within Australia only.

Edited by YLFATEEKS

Would it be worth doing a series of these that last for say a week or so @Richard? That way we could have a week-long poll for each competition rather than creating a mega-thread again. 

In regards to this one @YLFATEEKS - I'm going to go with Jet Rescue. 

JR: 

• Lower to the ground giving the feeling of speed
  • Second launch
  • Great for families*/thrill seekers
  • While limited, still has attempted theming

Overall: 7/10

MDMC: 

• Slower
  • Great as a 'first time' coaster for younger kids/families*
  • Too high off the ground to be a MotoGP coaster
  • No second launch
  • No real attempt at theming once you leave the station/queue area (and even then it's limited)

Overall: 4/10 in my opinion and based on their marketing as a "thrill ride". I'd bump it up to a 6/10 IF they marketed it to families instead of thrill seekers. 

*Depends on the family

Jet Rescue by the length of straight. I can't believe Intamin made such a fun coaster and such a bomb (maybe DW insisted it be boring). DW could have built a much better attraction with the money they spent, no matter what demographic they wanted to appeal to.

Jet Rescue, as others have observed, is lower to the ground heightening the sensation of speed. I also really like the sudden, quick overbanks, it's a fun element (works really well for Maverick too). In contrast, Mick Doohan's Slumber Coaster doesn't have those overbanks and just ambles along a very boring circuit.

38 minutes ago, AlexB said:

I'm calling it out - they aren't competing - one's thrilling, and one's MDMC.

37 minutes ago, Santa07 said:

MDMC shouldn't be compared to anything - it's part of its own little group of awful rollercoasters along with Goudurix and Zamperla Volares.

Come on you two, it can't be that bad.  It can't be that different from Jet Rescue.  The parks probably could even do a train exchange program and swap the trains for a year.  The feeling I’m getting from you two is you prefer jet skies over motorbikes.   

If DW & SW did a train exchange program which one would you like?

I think for me the biggest downfall of MDMC is the restraints, as someone who is around 6 foot 2 I find it extremely uncomfortable and I spend more time in pain (especially my dang knees) on it than I can to enjoy some of it. When I was 10 it would have been more exciting so I agree on families finding it good; however even then I preferred GD, TOT, Cyclone (using that name as that is what it was when I was 10) and Wipeout. I appreciate the length of the track however it does get let down with theming as was mentioned above.

JR has always to be been more thrilling, not only due to how low it gets but the intensity of some of the turns I find make genuinely thrilling and more enjoyable overall.

1 minute ago, bammrwolfe said:

I think for me the biggest downfall of MDMC is the restraints, as someone who is around 6 foot 2 I find it extremely uncomfortable and I spend more time in pain (especially my dang knees) on it than I can to enjoy some of it. When I was 10 it would have been more exciting so I agree on families finding it good; however even then I preferred GD, TOT, Cyclone (using that name as that is what it was when I was 10) and Wipeout. I appreciate the length of the track however it does get let down with theming as was mentioned above.

JR has always to be been more thrilling, not only due to how low it gets but the intensity of some of the turns I find make genuinely thrilling and more enjoyable overall.

As someone who is also 6 foot 2, I understand your pain. I enjoyed it more when I was younger, however now it's one of the only coasters I've ridden where I would've preferred to get off than ride because of the pain - and I can generally handle a bit of roughness, it's just those awful restraints that destroy my knees.

7 minutes ago, Santa07 said:

it's just those awful restraints that destroy my knees.

I went on it last year and I couldn't concentrate on anything else in the ride other than trying to get my legs comfortable. The freedom in JR is something that MDMC would be much better with. Restraints would be one of the problems to get around unfortunately however after a quick google it's not as if there aren't ones like this available. 

tumblr_m5x2smqIzN1rndje2.jpg

Although it is quite similar you can see that your knees are less restricted, but that isn't an Intamin restraint it's a Vekoma. The thigh pressure I can deal with (@Arkham), it's more the knees that become a problem quicker.

Edited by bammrwolfe
forgot it was 2017 and not 2016

• Richard changed the title to Motocoaster vs. Jet Rescue: What's better & Who's right?

@Gold Coast Amusement Force  I don't think you understand the point of the battle.  Read this again. " The idea is the rides you nominate are competing for the same guest.  “I think Bermuda triangle vs storm coaster is a good nomination.  The only problem is admin changed the name of this topic so that's why I said that's a new topic.

Edited by YLFATEEKS

1 hour ago, YLFATEEKS said:

If DW & SW did a train exchange program which one would you like?

It's not just the trains - and nothing to do with the jet skis. as has been pointed to already - the JR trains are far more comfortable and MDMC. I can barely ride it because of my legs, and my wife cannot ride it because of hers, whereas we can both comfortably ride JR. If you switched the trains, you'd have a boring jet ski ride, and an uncomfortable motorcycle themed ride that further inflamed the pain experienced in riding with high speeds and rough forces.

no thanks.

Not entirely sure that MDMC is 'boring' - that would be to say that many other GC Theme Park rides are too, surely?

Look.. the ride is far from great but I would hardly call it a fail. It still draws significant queues, largely no doubt because it's a friendlier ride to the smaller crowd. On any given day it is only beaten by TOT in terms of wait. I often bypass it because of this very reason.

JR on the other hand is one of my faves- in Aussie terms it's up there with Superman and Arkham. The restraint system isn't complicated like MDMC and the second launch really makes the ride exhilarating!

Of course JR is the better Coaster however maybe with going to crazy extents like extending the MDMC track, add a 2nd launch and replace the restraints we could be looking at a real winner for DW.. but that surely would cost millions.. would the  $$$ be worth it?