Australia's first Lego Store to open at Dreamworld Saturday 28 January 2017

Parkz News

• 4 years later...
10 minutes ago, Smol bean said:

This is interesting, I didn't expect them to renovate a store only after a few years. I expect this open during the holidays so they can include it with the 40th anniversary celebrations. 

I have no doubt the work will be quick/complete by December, still interesting.

10 hours ago, Brad2912 said:

Well it’s either a refurb or Lego has pulled out of the deal and it’s being repurposed. 

They've gutted the entire building, but left the lego-brick shaped light fixtures in place.

My money is just a refurb. It's been 5 years - some shopping centres require retail stores to revamp their look at the end of every lease to keep the stores fresh so it could be similar motivation from Lego to freshen things up, or to implement new elements they didn't previously have.

There's been no announcement by the park of an ending to the partnership also... 

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
13 hours ago, themagician said:

5A39EE42-D7AA-4FC7-A6E2-C532BC5443E7.jpeg

01AA0DBC-1770-4532-ACE6-E1C7047DE80C.jpeg

00D88FA9-CA94-4FE8-A65D-82CE72A51E3C.jpeg

I'm gonna buck the trend and say I think all this is better than what they had. It could be better, but this is overall an improvement. 

My guess is the blank wall is 'display space' that will be filled in the future. I would hazard a guess a large lego model would sit there with an appropriate background wall art, but just isn't ready to go in yet.

Downtown Disney Lego Store by BigMac1212 on DeviantArt | Lego disney, Lego  store, Downtown disney