Let's Speculate - Movie World Developments

Reanimated35

Thanks @themagician for the Nearmap pic. 

Based on my previous guess for the location of Top Golf, and what we have seen as far as the coaster construction goes, we have a decent chunk of land stuck between the two. 

We've all heard reports of the "Lakeside Precinct" and the hotel development, but what do we think is going in the yellow zone below? 

One rumour has it $500m is being spent on the park and these new attractions. 

Red: Coaster
Yellow: ??????
Blue: Top Golf

MW.jpg

I think this topic would have only worked if a poll was added.

I don't think MW have any immediate plans for it.  If they had plans for it, they would have finished the earthworks in this area first before closing off every side.

What I want there is a different porky:  For the hotel to work I think Village need to manufacturer some night life within that area.  I don’t think having AOS and TG is enough.

In the long-term future, the area could be used for a water ride if the park was thinking of adding one, otherwise there's the option of filling it in - but I would much prefer this to stay as a body of water (water ride in the middle or not), especially if they tidied it up a bit and allowed people to get closer (by building some sort of precinct around it)

It would sense for it to be the long touted 'lake side precinct', but I'm not sure where that is all at these days. There has been no movement or noise (from what I've heard) about Lakeside since Top Golf was announced which makes me wonder if TG is taking up most of the parcel they had put aside for it. 

As Alex stated, for the hotel to be a true destination there needs to be some dining options, so whether that's a city walk/Downtown Disney style area, albeit smaller, who knows. 

In case anyone forgot, the hotel is pretty much confirmed to be on MW's grass overflow car park. This is dependent on the approval of the Kopps Road car park - which is why I don't think there has been any progress on the hotel/lakeside/entertainment precinct yet. I feel they are all connected somehow but how they are connected is where I'm confused.

As if for what would go in the yellow space, I feel the swamp would remain (possibly landscaped to look better too). I feel if VRTP spent big on the 'lakeside' precinct, the swamp would end up like Paradise Pier at DCA (replace California Screamin' with MW's hypercoaster & everything else except the bay as TopGolf/anything else that's part of the 'lakeside precinct').

I can imagine the 'lakeside precinct' being built adjunct or into TopGolf's main building (making TopGolf the standout attraction out of the whole precinct) & even being connected to MW via a 2nd gate near the hypercoaster entrance.

As we know, there is also an 'entertainment precinct' planned. I don't know if this is the same as the 'lakeside precinct' (though I feel it possibly is) but if it isn't, I'd expect it to be located near the hotel. This is where my 'connection problem' comes in - how would they connect the hotel to TopGolf via the lakeside/entertainment precinct if there is a massive hypercoaster & car park in the way? Surely for something similar to Downtown Disney there would be some 'consistency'. It would look odd walking through a buzzing & vibrant dining/shopping precinct at night before having to cross a decent section of empty car park or a non-operating hypercoaster site to get to the other half of the precinct.

Something I just thought was does 'entertainment precinct' actually meant to mean 'Entertainment Road precinct'? That way from the hotel, the 'precinct' runs along Entertainment Road, crosses MW's car park entrance/exit road, goes around the hypercoaster before heading west towards TopGolf & the swamp's southern bank. One problem with that idea is that I think MW can't build near Entertainment Road as it is part of the motorway corridor. If they did build such a precinct on the edge of their property though, they would probably need to remove part of the existing car park.

If they lit the hypercoaster up at night with a light show on it's supports, it would make walking around the hypercoaster site fit the feel of a vibrant retail precinct more.

2 minutes ago, Cactus_Matt said:

Movie World doesn't have the rights to the Shrek franchise anymore does it? With that swamp it could have been prime tie in theming for a Shrek roller coaster.

Why does everything have to be a coaster? Why not a "Far Far Away" area, or DreamWorks or something? :D

No they don't - especially since Dreamworld up the road now has Shrek's Faire Faire Away, inside the Dreamworks Experience - so neither of those ideas are going to work...

We've discussed it before, but eveything has to be a coaster, because thats what increases attendance. Not a Disk'O Coaster, or a spaceshot, or a twin hammer... coasters bring them in.

Of course, a park with nothing but coasters would be pretty boring (and totally awesome!!!) but thats just the way the public view things (and us, mostly us)... so most suggestions in this thread will probably be a coaster. 

that's life.

What are you talking about Push? 'Always crowded and dangerous?'.  It's a carpark with a ramp man.  There are poorly designed ones yes, but a well designed one isn't any more dangerous than a normal carpark.

if they did it without charging for parking I'd be all for it.  Given how expensive a parking structure is though I'm skeptical they'd do it for free, so I'm 100% in favour of the carpark across the road.

I seem to recall on one of Movie Worlds old applications to council, that the "swamp area" was to be retained without damage due to some wild life concerns?

This could have been during the Green Lantern application, not really sure.  Maybe someone else can recall, i might possibly have it confused with another site on the coast?

1 hour ago, joz said:

What are you talking about Push? 'Always crowded and dangerous?'.  It's a carpark with a ramp man.  There are poorly designed ones yes, but a well designed one isn't any more dangerous than a normal carpark.

if they did it without charging for parking I'd be all for it.  Given how expensive a parking structure is though I'm skeptical they'd do it for free, so I'm 100% in favour of the carpark across the road.

I take you're point about well designed multi level carparks. Yes they can be safe I suppose if they're well designed.

I wouldn't be opposed to the introduction of paid parking, so long as they maintained a free parking option also.

If you had a multi level basement style, then leave the surface level as free parking out in the sun, with the sub levels being charged.

I'd also consider introducing a Valet parking service.

Once the hotel is built, I'd also look at Airport shuttle services.