Let's Speculate - Movie World Developments

Reanimated35

1 hour ago, ads086 said:

I wouldn't be opposed to the introduction of paid parking, so long as they maintained a free parking option also.

If you had a multi level basement style, then leave the surface level as free parking out in the sun, with the sub levels being charged.

I'd also consider introducing a Valet parking service.

Once the hotel is built, I'd also look at Airport shuttle services.

The problem with that is that the ground level parking would be the closest, most convenient. If people don't care about it being hot, or just start their car and blast the air con for a few minutes before getting in, there's really no incentive to go underground unless the free lot is full.

If you go underground, you spend more time circling the lot to find a space, and then you have to wait for a lift, or climb stairs to get back to ground level. If anything - the ground level should have shade sails or similar to keep cars cool, and then it should be used as a valet \ convenient option.

if you're going to have a free option - it should be further away - longer walk, etc.

From observations of the general public's parking habits at Westfield Chermside, people will gladly drive underground and pay for Valet parking if it means they can avoid parking out in the sun. If you ever can't find a park in the underground, head for the roof - there'll be parks available right next to the entry doors.

Other than that, I do agree with making the free parking further away than the paid parking.

Think you will find people going straight to Valet at the moment at Chermside @ads086 due to the lack of parking thanks to the expansion of the centre. When I went there I had no issues with roof parking during summer before they closed most of it for the new multi-level. Only ever used Valet during Christmas peak as it is easier than circling for 30+ minutes for a park.

18 hours ago, pin142 said:

Think you will find people going straight to Valet at the moment at Chermside @ads086 due to the lack of parking thanks to the expansion of the centre. When I went there I had no issues with roof parking during summer before they closed most of it for the new multi-level. Only ever used Valet during Christmas peak as it is easier than circling for 30+ minutes for a park.

Yeah that's what I think, people will pay for convenience of entrance/exit, I reckon most don't care about shaded parking.