Theme Park Maintenance Schedules 2017

themagician

Yeah, it has been off the park map since the park reopened. It's because it isn't available to guests, and the park knew it wouldn't be for a while, so they took it off all the maps. However it's still shown on the website because it isn't gone forever, and DW have confirmed it will be reopening, we just don't know when 

7 minutes ago, Tim Dasco said:

So it can have maintenance done. Pools and slides still need maintenance done on them. Even if it's something minor like pump cheeks and resealing the pool.

Yeah but to me that's wierd, because they never close it and if they close it for maintance families don't have a pool to hang out and swim in

22 hours ago, themagician said:

Yeah, it has been off the park map since the park reopened. It's because it isn't available to guests, and the park knew it wouldn't be for a while, so they took it off all the maps. However it's still shown on the website because it isn't gone forever, and DW have confirmed it will be reopening, we just don't know when 

Thx mate appreciated 👍

I think it went down in November last year for its annual maintenance.

"Closed for scheduled maintenance from Monday 14th November and will re-open Monday 26th December 2016."

Annual meaning yearly “to me” suggest SDSC is not due for annual maintenance before November.

Wishful thinking or have we just cracked the code?

They are obviously investing big dollars in Wipeout's revival, I wonder how much (if any) involvement Vekoma are playing with providing new parts etc? 

With only 2 Waikiki Wave Super Flip rides left operating  (is there still one somewhere in Mexico?) parts would no doubt be expensive and incredibly difficult to source.

DW have historically been creative with retrofitting their rides in-house, however doing this today may effect the warranty and insurance for them to operate them safely. I think this is of grave concern for the future of ride's like Wipeout and indeed DW as a whole.

My fingers are crossed that we will see shiny new life breathed back into Wipeout for the second half of the year. If they can't get her back up to scratch they would want to at least have a Plan B. 

7 minutes ago, MickeyD said:

With only 2 Waikiki Wave Super Flip rides left operating  (is there still one somewhere in Mexico?) parts would no doubt be expensive and incredibly difficult to source.

Yes, the Huracan is still standing and operating. I've recently pointed out the likely issue with limited parts availability on my blog, as I believe that factor may be playing a major role in reopening delays as well. 

2 hours ago, Rollercoaster_Lover said:

Atleast we know that they are trying to make everything as safe as it possibly can.

Cheers, although I've never actually doubted that.