Theme Park Maintenance Schedules 2017

themagician

10 hours ago, djrappa said:

Or it's undergoing maintenance...

10 hours ago, Flynn_Smith said:

Yeah, but i was thinking that they're all getting maintenance, on the same tower, at the same time, finishing at the same time. So it seems like they could be related.

Normally I would agree with both of you, but such short notice to me says something has failed/broken.

Has anyone got any recent updates/pictures of Wipeout? I wonder what is taking so long for it to be re-opened? Hasn't been operational since the day of the accident last year(except that 1 week after audit) and it recieved its major overhaul only 2.5yrs ago. I am glad Dreamworld is investing in the ride as it's unique and the 40 guests per ride is great to get through the queue quickly but definitely interested to know what is going on with it :)

Yes, was at Dreamworld today and they did around 20-30 tests this morning and reopened the TOT at around 3:30pm.

The reason why the 3 slides are down is due to a pump failure, according to Dreamworld staff.

Rocky hallow log ride is reopening before July 20, according to a staff member I spoke to, but this is probably not accurate.

The claw was having trouble today due to it not swinging high enough, large amounts of maintenance workers were observing the ride and there were lots of test runs. The ride reopened after a short closure.

The western side of the Giant Drop operated earlier today in the morning.

Pink little rippers is still down after many months, and will require maintenance, will most likely open in the summer when visitor numbers increase.

Had so much fun today

Just now, WipeoutDreamworldFan said:

Has anyone got any recent updates/pictures of Wipeout? I wonder what is taking so long for it to be re-opened? Hasn't been operational since the day of the accident last year(except that 1 week after audit) and it recieved its major overhaul only 2.5yrs ago. I am glad Dreamworld is investing in the ride as it's unique and the 40 guests per ride is great to get through the queue quickly but definitely interested to know what is going on with it :)

Most of the ride is disassembled. The surfboards are hanging out at the 'bits and pieces' area of the park which is interesting. Lots of welding going on also.

16 hours ago, WipeoutDreamworldFan said:

Last pic I took of it was this one on May 27th. When we visited the park last week, it looked no different. Still completely gutted and pulled apart. 

20170527_125546.thumb.jpg.33a36ded141cce0dff0dea339073ea3e.jpg

At  DW now..  Wipeout is looking as sad as ever. I hope a plan is approved for repainting the entire  ride and wave because it sure needs it.

ToT is sort of 'jumping' and sort of surges into top speed about half way up the tube. It's also slow and rumbling as it reaches the station. Definitely feels like a patch job to get operational.  The ride system is in obvious need of some love in the way of new tech and upgrades.

The  enhancements to Tiger Island are purely that. Enhancements. I am unsure why this final section took so long but  as a whole the area looks great and worthy of a good amount of time spent on any visit.

20170610_121217.jpg

20170610_121211.jpg

20170610_121208.jpg

20170610_113457.jpg

43 minutes ago, MickeyD said:

ToT is sort of 'jumping' and sort of surges into top speed about half way up the tube. It's also slow and rumbling as it reaches the station. Definitely feels like a patch job to get operational.  The ride system is in obvious need of some love in the way of new tech and upgrades.

When I rode ToT in March it also had that 'jumping' and surging feeling. The acceleration was not smooth/gradual. It felt like the push/pull timing of the electromagnets were out of whack. And same with the return to the station, the pod slowly shuddered into its parking spot. Definitely showing it's age.

Perhaps we see ToT 3 sometime between now and 2020? With a spruced up queue-line, major overhaul of the ride system (new hardware and tech), plus a new car that has BOTH forwards and backwards seating. Whilst your at it, try to have 4 rows of 4 across seating - thus 16 riders at a time to improve capacity a little.

I can't understand why they are not doing absolutely everything possible to get Wipeout re-opened. This ride was alone responsible for turning DW around when the park was having financial difficulties many years back. When you've got such a large chunk of the park out of action, it makes no sense to leave your major flats languishing. They should be doing whatever it takes to get all existing rides up and running. Maybe they are, but it doesn't really look like it.

Edited by GoGoBoy

How do you know they're not doing all they can?

I agree though, the amount of closed rides isn't good.  We may know the rides are under more scruitiny than ever, but all joe public sees are closed rides.  Getting the log ride open will help quite a lot there, but for now 4 (or 6 dependong on how you're counting) of the rides down isn't best foot forward type stuff.

Was also at DW today, and whilst this is only a very minor issue due to the completely soft nature of the ride, but halfway through Big Red Car, my son's seatbelt released. Now my son is 4 so he told me Straight away and I put it back on him. 

When I alerted the ride op on return to the station, he completely dismissed me, saying "well you must not have done it up properly to begin with". When I told him I most certainly had, I've taken my son in the ride 100 times and know how it works, he smiled and said "well you mustn't have" and turned his back on me. 

Again, and I stress my son was in no danger whatsoever, but i would have expected a much more sympathetic, "Thanks, 'll have someone look into it straight away" response Than what I got