Theme Park Maintenance Schedules 2017

themagician

22 hours ago, Spotty said:

Wipeout has also had it's maintenance pushed back to the 24th of April now. Was originally meant to open tomorrow. Green Room is also not operating on weekends but opening on weekdays now.

The green room is currently experiencing technical difficulties with its conveyer belt system and shall be re-opening shortly.

5 hours ago, Twilight Zone said:

This would most likely be because of heating and water procedures.

That makes no sense at all, given there has been no restriction to operating times in any previous season...  and why would water and heating (??) procedures differ on weekends?? 

By that logic I guess the reason the Big Red Boat closes on weekdays at 3 is due to the high tide...

Edited by Brad2912

•  
  • Mammoth Falls

Closed for scheduled maintenance from Monday 7th August and will re-open on Sunday 27th August 2017.

• Super 8 Aqua Racer

Closed for scheduled maintenance from Monday 4th September and will re-open on Sunday 17th September 2017.

• Kamikaze

Closed for scheduled maintenance from Monday 21st August and will re-open on Sunday 3rd September 2017.

• Mach 5

Closed for scheduled maintenance from Monday 30th July and will re-open on Sunday 17th September 2017.

• Movie World Showtimes Button

Wave Pool

Closed for scheduled maintenance from Monday 17th July and will re-open on Sunday 27th August 2017.

• Aqua Loop

Closed for scheduled maintenance from Monday 23rd October and will re-open on Sunday 5th November 2017.

•  

The DW Maintenance page has Wipeout reopening 24th of May. TBH I can't see it. The Gondola is sitting on the ground, arms unnattached and spray paint marks all over the supports, suggesting areas that need attention - perhaps needing re-inforcement but it looks like a similar job to what a panel beater does to a vehicle circling damage spots etc.

While it's sad to see the old girl in such crook shape I am glad DW are putting so much effort and expense into what appears to be yet another significant rebuild of the ride.

Does anyone know anything about the situation?

2 hours ago, themagician said:

I think you mean April 24. And I can see it happening. They've got just over a week, and it should only take a couple of days to put it all back together and do some testing.

My bad.. I should have taken some snaps but if you saw it in person you would agree that it is nowhere close to ready.

57 minutes ago, MickeyD said:

I should have taken some snaps

Here are some snaps! :P

The arms are currently in the graveyard, these photos below are from the 10th of April, so not the most recent, but they're an indicator none the less. Something not in the photos, is that orange fluorescent tape was on the joints near all of the gears. (where the arms connect and spin from, to make that clearer!)

DSCN7065.thumb.JPG.4600e5cc8739b4c2103fc545daaad069.JPG

DSCN7069.thumb.JPG.74e607b16b62c54ca1c2df3abad579cf.JPGDSCN7071.thumb.JPG.53f9ec8f6f27e4f8e62e91d28ff8aa79.JPG

Seats and Harnesses were no where to be seen

DSCN7070.thumb.JPG.4cfe3ca74fc04419885c20504749120c.JPG

Counterweights, one located either side

---

And the below photos are from the 31st of March:

DSCN6644.thumb.JPG.38e78ae2ff04a17032b376242497c32b.JPG

DSCN6660.thumb.JPG.4557a5c7a66b86a2384f464572e03f40.JPG

Harnesses were still on the gondola, seats on the wave behind

2 hours ago, MickeyD said:

My bad.. I should have taken some snaps but if you saw it in person you would agree that it is nowhere close to ready.

I get your point, and understand why you think that, and I have seen it in person (was last there Tuesday), but I'm sure it will be all ready by the date, but they have already extended the date by two weeks. Just have to see 

On 15/04/2017 at 8:35 AM, MickeyD said:

While it's sad to see the old girl in such crook shape I am glad DW are putting so much effort and expense into what appears to be yet another significant rebuild of the ride.

I was there a few weeks ago and I was thinking that surely it's more cost effective to scrap it and put in a new attraction.  

They do appear to be putting in a lot of effort - maybe they've invested so much so far they might as well continue....

Edited by mission

On ‎19‎/‎04‎/‎2017 at 9:57 AM, themagician said:

Superman Escape has had its maintenance pushed back  to Monday 05th June and will re-open on Monday 26th June. And AA has had its maintenance brought forward to Monday 24th April and will re-open on Monday 05th June.

Booked our holidays thinking Superman was going to be open on the 5th (the day we arrive) until the 26th (the day we leave)

Living on the other side of the country so not sure, do these dates ever get reduced in time? e.g. it may open earlier than the  26th June

Thanks