Theme Park Maintenance Schedules 2017

themagician

20 minutes ago, joz said:

Hang I thought they built some sheds?  Why are they still closing one of their few rides for 5 months?

Well, i think i know what you mean and thats those sheds that were near the Arkham Asylum? Those only had Two mazes in them I believe (maybe three) and the fourth was in the Dodgems area, i'd say thats what they'd be doing agian. And whats the bet that it will be Friday The 13th again?

15 minutes ago, YLFATEEKS said:

@joz What are the sheds for?

I saw your first reply. ......bitch.

1 minute ago, ClassifiedLlama said:

Well, i think i know what you mean and thats those sheds that were near the Arkham Asylum? Those only had Two mazes in them I believe (maybe three) and the fourth was in the Dodgems area, i'd say thats what they'd be doing agian. And whats the bet that it will be Friday The 13th again?

The two 'hero' mazes from last year will be this years smaller mazes. That means FDTD & Conjuring 2 will be back this year. 

9 minutes ago, reanimated35 said:

The two 'hero' mazes from last year will be this years smaller mazes. That means FDTD & Conjuring 2 will be back this year. 

Ah okay. I wonder what the two new mazes this year will be!! But i guess this is a conversation to be held in the Fright Night chat.

I'd presume that FDTD will probably remain in one half of the 'shed' to be joined by C2 in the other half.

the new bigger hero maze will be in the soundstage and we'll get another 'hero' maze in the dodgems. I don't think there is any more or less room in half the shed than there is in the dodgems so don't see a point in moving FDTD

edit: yeah this is going off track from sched maintenance... 

Edited by Brad2912

10 hours ago, reanimated35 said:

Now I just don't know how to reply to @joz

#bringbackthesarcasmtag

6 hours ago, Tim Dasco said:

Adventure World is closed for maintenance from Anzac Day till September.  Seems like a long time…… ;)

At most, it's 5 months. The park is a seasonal park. I cbf going back to check when it closed last year, but i'm pretty sure it was a similar period.

To contribute to the off-topic fright nights discussion - I know they built sheds, and I believe that was because Thor had booked out the studios (CMIIW) - but is there anything booked in the studios this year that would prevent them from utilising SS1&2?

it's just an exercise in accounting though isn't it? I mean Village own both properties (hell the land is one lot) - if the studios aren't booked by anyone for that period, surely they could utilise them?

On the flip side - it's great to see that the park is prevented from using them by major motion picture shooting - it used to be a guarantee that those two studios would be a fright night's given - and I doubt they would have locked them out if a production wanted to use them, as i'm sure production houses would have to pay far more, since they would need to use more facilities - but its good to see more filming being completed here locally - our film industry is important.

One thought I've had is that because those sheds are permanent and they aren't at this stage being utilised for anything else, last year they had Wyrmwood and DTD, and with DTD returning they've probably left that Maze constructed, and the theming out the front does still remain. So that could mean a greater focus and time on the making of the two new mazes

1 minute ago, bammrwolfe said:

Hey everyone, I didn't see that anyone had posted these here yet but I just checked the page for DW maintenance and these are on there now. Wipeout seems to be having a bad set of luck with still not being open and that lengthy maintenance. 

Screen Shot 2017-02-11 at 2.49.18 pm.png

Screen Shot 2017-02-11 at 2.49.29 pm.png

Screen Shot 2017-02-11 at 2.49.47 pm.png

My friend recently hurt his back on the Hotwheels, and when i messaged Dreamworld they hinted me towards lap bars.