Theme Park Maintenance Schedules 2017

themagician

9 hours ago, themagician said:

As he western side faces the park, and where the river Rapids is, fhey aren't running it. They've hidden that part of the park in every way they can, so opening that side of GD would undo that work.

Ohh you know what, I actually said that could be the reason but we sort of just shrugged it off. That's very sad but I absolutely respect that. It's not even a big deal as the park is so quiet at this time of year the queue hardly ever reaches the door anyway so we're not waiting long. Thanks very much for that response. Off to Dreamworld today!

• 2 weeks later...

The refurbishment of the exterior of the department store is coming along nicely.

IMG_7189.thumb.jpg.70d4060984226634a930ad9591d9a948.jpg

IMG_7190.thumb.jpg.569c10661258d94f2545dec5282bcf1a.jpg

And Batwing still hasn't reopened despite being scheduled to yesterday. The path around the back of the ride is being repainted though

IMG_7195.thumb.jpg.b53f6efe455a1d5adeb53763451cc85a.jpg

IMG_7196.thumb.jpg.6030cb1a429cce2695ea18881ee8ce7d.jpg

And it has been scheduled for maintenance again from Monday 4th September to Saturday 9th September 2017.

Visited today and Batwing Spaceshot is still down. The website does not state an updated maintenance schedule. My guess is that they are keeping it closed until the start of easter school holidays, when patronage picks up. Perhaps they thought they'd save a little $$$ and keep it closed till then. No one was working on it today.

My guess would be cost cutting. Apon arriving at the park last week in the morning the Buzzsaw wasn't operating, we initially suspected it had gone down for unscheduled maintenance. Then found out that it was actually because its operating hours had been restricted to 1pm-5pm.

Reducing ride operation hours has been a common practice for Dream in the past few years as a form of cost cutting, and obviously the park has a lot of financial recovery to make after last year's events. So it's not surprising to me to see them going to more extreme methods of this during off-peak periods. 

That said, does the website state that those rides will be back running on normal hours next week for the Easter Hols? 

3 hours ago, Theme Park Girl said:

My guess would be cost cutting. Apon arriving at the park last week in the morning the Buzzsaw wasn't operating, we initially suspected it had gone down for unscheduled maintenance. Then found out that it was actually because its operating hours had been restricted to 1pm-5pm.

Reducing ride operation hours has been a common practice for Dream in the past few years as a form of cost cutting, and obviously the park has a lot of financial recovery to make after last year's events. So it's not surprising to me to see them going to more extreme methods of this during off-peak periods. 

That said, does the website state that those rides will be back running on normal hours next week for the Easter Hols? 

They will be operating at full time on the School Holidays (So Far).

5 hours ago, Twilight Zone said:

Not sure if mentioned but has anyone seen the DW mainatnce page It shows the following rides shut on weekdays:

• Mick Doohan's Motocoaster
  • Dorothy's Rosy Tea Cup Ride
  • The Green Room

Anyone know why?

Because it's Dreamworld?

5 hours ago, Twilight Zone said:

Mick Doohan's Motocoaster

Well at least they've got their priorities set straight.

I visited DW & WWW on both Monday and Friday last week. Motocoaster, Green Room & Dorothy's teacups were down on both those days. Yesterday the BRO's octopus shade sail had been half ripped off - presumably because of the strong winds and rain on thursday. So that slide was closed as well yesterday. Not sure if the structure holding up the shade sail had been affected as well.

14 hours ago, Aimsley81 said:

Correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't Buzz Saw originally scheduled for annual maintenance towards the end of April for about a month? Like from the 24th? It's just the dates have been completely removed from the website. 

It was down a couple days ago for maintenance.