Theme Park Maintenance Schedules 2017

themagician

Thanks @Theme Park Girl the Counter weights look like they may have been repainted however this all looks pretty much as it did a week ago. No way will they have it ready for the 24th. The ride would have to been assembled by now to allow for testing etc.

I am concerned for the supports either side that have been marked orange in various places. Not to raise unnecessary concern here but it seems to me that problems have been found. Cracks in welds perhaps?

Edited by MickeyD

Or this..

Eddy current test method can detect very small cracks in or near the surface of the material, the surfaces need minimum preparation. The biggest advantage of the eddy current test method is that is can be employed to determine surface flaws on painted or coated surface. Eddy current flaw detection is commonly used in the aerospace industry, crane industry, concrete pumping industry and other general industries where the protective surface coating cannot be removed. 

23 minutes ago, Twilight Zone said:

Don't be too disappointed she's not gone for ever, she just needs a break, she'll be wiping out soon....Get ready to get sprayed again!

Im keeping my hopes up. Believe it or not, I havent been on it yet, and im visiting next Sunday - so i was so excited to ride for the first time. 

Maintenance workers spotted working on the Wipeout today. Definitely looks like improvement work, as opposed to demolition work lol... I'm confident it will reopen, despite its reopening date being pushed back a couple of times 👍

20170428_124135.thumb.jpg.503c470ce45d213529a3e975eaca4626.jpg

The orange paint on the supports is now gone:

20170428_123910.thumb.jpg.034467dfe1321726565a63043d44cdc8.jpg

They are also repainting the path leading into Ocean Parade:

20170428_124434.thumb.jpg.2fc8bdb5ccbb7231f5e68753cd6dec9f.jpg

20170428_124447.thumb.jpg.4f971c661bfdc5dd3f72eb61577726ca.jpg

20170428_124417.thumb.jpg.dc50afad9c5013701478a4a2373f5a94.jpg

20170428_124517.thumb.jpg.1939ca9ded2008998da12978d4499d61.jpg

Also just a random observation I made that the Mine Ride exit is no longer completely barricaded off anymore:

20170428_124741.thumb.jpg.85eb926d00f0a1f89c832a5e93f3c753.jpg

Edited by Theme Park Girl

1 hour ago, Rollercoaster_Lover said:

I still have a fealing that the mine ride will reopen, the other day I heard work going on in there and maintance workers where walking in and out of the door which says " restricted area "

That's because the mountain is just a store room/small maintenance area now. 

Edited by Reanimated35

Yeah, I don't think it's coming back anymore :( If anything I've only heard rumours related to possible removal and replacement of the ride/mountain. Unfortunately the incident last year would have well and truly buried any plans they had to reopen it, which is a shame as it did look like a very real possibility at one stage.  

I think it's location, it's age, the fact it's another 'in house' ride (which seems to be an iffy issue as it is with the public, given Viking's recent closure and also the delayed reopening of the Log Ride) and the expenses that would be involved in its restoration are all factors that work against it.

Ive pretty much given up on all hope that Eureka will see the light of day. It has just become another casualty in the overall aftermath of everything that's happened. 

Also, Tower of Terror now only runs on weekends. I'd say this will only be the case for a short time as it is leading up to its annual maintenance. Although, it has been having ALOT of issues lately, I was just at the park on Monday (might I add, it was the busiest i've seen it in a LONG time... Lines were all 30 - 45 minutes... Giant Drop was the longest and The Claw was the shortest) and from 11:00 until about 3:30 TOT was closed for "testing".

On 28/04/2017 at 5:59 PM, Theme Park Girl said:

Yeah, I don't think it's coming back anymore :( If anything I've only heard rumours related to possible removal and replacement of the ride/mountain. Unfortunately the incident last year would have well and truly buried any plans they had to reopen it, which is a shame as it did look like a very real possibility at one stage.  

I think it's location, it's age, the fact it's another 'in house' ride (which seems to be an iffy issue as it is with the public, given Viking's recent closure and also the delayed reopening of the Log Ride) and the expenses that would be involved in its restoration are all factors that work against it.

Ive pretty much given up on all hope that Eureka will see the light of day. It has just become another casualty in the overall aftermath of everything that's happened. 

Just a very unlikely thought - they could re-open it, but with a completely changed layout, new tracks, new trains and different theming.. they could also market it as a new coaster.