Theme Park Maintenance Schedules 2017

themagician

@MickeyD I have no idea on the costs of Co2 based smoke effects - obviously costs will be a factor, but I don't think smoke effects can simply be ruled out - going on previous history (I'm looking at you Superman), maybe MW will install smoke effects again, then turn them off when they get too expensive to run/maintain :lol:.

I think the projection mapping effects you describe sound like the ending that this ride deserves - add a blast of smoke as you come out the doors and that would just be the cherry on the cake!

@Reanimated35 My bad, I saw my tag in the quote and my brain interpreted that as your comment being directed at me <_<.

4 hours ago, Rollercoaster_Lover said:

No, like take all of the LSM's And Maybe Replace Track, so it could go higher again and no rattle.

Yeah... no. Maintenance and possibly a computer upgrade similar to what SFMM did with Superman at the absolute most. There would be no point upgrading the LSM's / Track at all.. it wouldn't be a financially wise decision in the slightest.

13 minutes ago, Skeeta said:

It's a conspiracy I tell you.

ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ.JPG.736dfd922767182f8c131eee70237c48.JPG

So aside of the Winter Holidays, SE will be going down from the 5th of June for about 3.5 months? It's worth noting that WWF, GL and SDSC all have down times scheduled over this period. You could be unlucky enough to time a visit with 3 major attractions down😑 

This seems like obvious cost cutting and does nothing for the Park's image and the Guest experience. I fail to undersrand how that is something of increasing lesser importance to a company like VTP.  Not off to a good start Mr Kirby😑

I highly doubt it is cost cutting and more like general maintenance or trying to improve the rides. GL is closed because of the new coaster construction, and then the second time for actual maintenance. SDSC is likely for maintenance and then the refurb,  WWF might be to fix issues that its had since it reopened last year. And SE, I don't know, but due to the rides complicated systems it may just need extra down time, or maybe it will be receiving some love also (despite having its repaint last year). The past couple of years the park has really worked on approving the appearance of everything, and bringing most things back to life/former glory. And with a world class coaster opening this year, the park will hopefully receive plenty of attention, and more and more visitors will be coming. And finally, it's much better have this all done during non-peak periods than closing them during holidays.

Edited by themagician

1 hour ago, themagician said:

more and more victors will be coming.

There is a limited number of them you know...

sK2Y5jZr.png

51 minutes ago, Flynn_Smith said:

In a very surprising turn of events, Tower of Terrors maintenance period has been pushed FORWARD, to the 2nd of June.

Could this just be a typo? Or have they fixed a problem that they weren't expecting to get until the old re-opening date?

VERY excited anyway.

Screen Shot 2017-05-31 at 2.32.55 pm.png

It sometimes happens, delays forecast due to a need for parts. parts shipping time quoted as 'up to 42 days' ends up taking 6 days = not as long required as initially forecast.

#win?

1 hour ago, MickeyD said:

So aside of the Winter Holidays, SE will be going down from the 5th of June for about 3.5 months? It's worth noting that WWF, GL and SDSC all have down times scheduled over this period. You could be unlucky enough to time a visit with 3 major attractions down😑 

This seems like obvious cost cutting and does nothing for the Park's image and the Guest experience. I fail to undersrand how that is something of increasing lesser importance to a company like VTP.  Not off to a good start Mr Kirby😑

Definitely not cost cutting...  A lot of maintenance work (both obvious and not so obvious) is being done to the ride during this downtime...

3.5 months is a massive downtime for the parks #1 attraction. Especially considering it had less down time last year for a full re-paint.

maybe we will see a touch up of some of the internal elements/preshow. 

Id love to see the theming altered to reflect the cinematic universe (wouldn't be THAT hard to change the Ride dialogue to the Meteopolis being attacked by Doomsday, and having a model of his head & arm coming through the subway roof where the current taxi crash scene takes place)

or course, with a certain big deal Coaster and the SDSC retheme/reinstall I doubt there is much in the budget

I appreciate that they need to do maintenance, and with Scooby's theme issues, Green Lantern's proximity to construction, along with regular annual maintenance periods of everything else, it is a very unfortunate time - but that doesn't make it acceptable.

Like Sea World's total of RIDE, Movie World is very quickly approaching similar status, and although it might not bother passhole-ders too much, those who come for a single day pass or a short week's holiday are going to be sorely disappointed.

So i'll say it - why can't they do annual maintenance on GL at the same time it is closed for hyper construction?

Likewise, why can't Scooby have maintenance done at the same time they reinstall the theme elements?

I'm not sure the situation for Superman, but two maintenance periods (ok, I assume they'd straddling a holiday period - kudos to them for not totally screwing their customers) totalling almost 4 months is outrageous given the recent lengthy downtime for repaint.

Of note is that SE and GL are both down at the same time throughout June - but I wouldn't have thought that SE would be impacted by construction???

Now i'm guessing they're probably putting in a lot of work to make sure they're looking their best for GC2018, but without some sort of compensation to the average full priced joe punter, its very disappointing.

And after writing all this, I decided to crunch some numbers... and here is what i've come up with:

• The worst time to visit will be from 14-26 August - a total of FIVE attractions will be closed, including Dodgems, West, Superman, Doomsday and Speedy's Taxis
  • Close runner up with 4 attractions closed will be 5 June to 11 June - Superman, Lantern, Tweety and Yosemite
  • A tie for second place - 17 July to 13 August - total of FOUR including dodgems, West, Superman and Doomsday (and likewise on 27 August also)
  • Also a tie for second place - 4 September to 8 September, again FOUR closed - dodgems, Superman, Scooby and Batwing
  • Coming in third, 12 June to 23rd June - Superman, Lantern and Tweety
  • tie for third, 28 August to 17 September - dodgems, superman and scooby closed
  • also tie for third - 9th october to 4th november - dodgems, JL3D and Yosemite train
  • also tie for third - 6 november to 19th november - dodgems, green lantern and JL3D.

I've included the WB attractions in the list as they are still attractions.

Basically between now, and boxing day, the only day where the park is scheduled to be operating all of their attractions is the 25th of June. On every other day this year until Boxing day, at least one major attraction is closed for scheduled maintenance*

*ok ok - theres ONE more day where all the big ones are open, but tweety is set for maintenance - 24th of June, the day before

ETA: for anyone looking for a visual representation, here it is. THe ride names are visible but the dates are illegible - the first date (left) is 29/05/2017, with the last date (right) being 28/12/2017.

592e670cb2ed5_WBMWmaintenance.thumb.png.47d804c893e55ab7f4d049fbd2135793.png

yellow rows are major attractions, blue rows are WB Kids attractions.