Theme Park Maintenance Schedules 2017

themagician

^ This.  There's a big difference between extending a water rides maintenance period by a few weeks in the middle of winter (not saying that's what they're doing by the way) and closing the park's most iconic ride.  Makes you wonder when the Hyper will come online and how that will affect the feel of the park in terms of number of attractions.

10 hours ago, djrappa said:

Clearly there must be something being done with a major component if Superman is going down for 3 months. 

They don't just shut a signature attraction for shits and gigs, don't be silly. 

Fair enough @djrappa I was probably a bit out of line suggesting cost cutting was at play. Like any business, it has always got to be a factor and MW is no exception.

Naturally the best indication is physical evidence of improvements etc once the Attraction has returned to service? 

Village have already stated that they need to make some savings outside of the already allocated Capex in light of areas of the Company that are underperforming. I would hazard a guess that closing a ride and performing maintenance versus operating it is a big part of any Park's budget strategies.

The issue can be further complicated by a continueing need to reinvest in older attractions (like Arkham having just one train) 

At the end of the day, it is the Customer experience that is the biggest issue here. Fewer attractions operating means less time spent inside, fewer dollars turned over and more dissatisfied Customers that will also tell their friends. 

1 hour ago, MickeyD said:

Fair enough @djrappa I was probably a bit out of line suggesting cost cutting was at play. Like any business, it has always got to be a factor and MW is no exception.

Naturally the best indication is physical evidence of improvements etc once the Attraction has returned to service? 

Good chance though it's something no one will see.

Say a ride needed it's control system replaced. That could easily take 3 months but would re open with the ride looking identical to the public. 

Damn that's upsetting they've added that downtime, planned my holiday next month around Superman and Green Lantern's maintenance and will be at movie world on the 10th. :(

But at least I'll get to ride Arkham for the first time since the retheme! And green lantern :D

Edited by diesal11

I asked Dreamworld whether the maintenance crew had decided roughly on a new opening date. Here's the response I got.

So it's here to stay obviously, but at this stage a reopening is still undecided.

Maybe the testing on the 2nd didn't go accordingly and something else needs to be done.

S70605-16095173.jpg

@themeparkaddict As someone who also has to travel to get to the GC themeparks, I understand the disappointment when rides go down for maintenance after you book the flights/hotels ect.

On the plus side though, if you go to Wet'n'Wild you get to ride the Tornado (which is essentially the Green Room). And the wedgie is a very uncomfortable slide experience, compared to WnW's Aqua Loops (you ain't missing out on much not being able to ride the wedgie). Supertubes is a bummer though.....probably the most unique slide at the park and my favourite.

Edited by Luke