Theme Park Maintenance Schedules 2017

themagician

Tot2 and mdmc apparently are in line for some major overhauls/upgrades in the next 6 months. Tot2 today still having "operational delays" due to sensor issues. Seems to be going up the tower fine, but very slow to return to station, stopping briefly about 10m before then speeding up.

18 hours ago, Minions! said:

What go with this?

3.thumb.JPG.fa966985e1675d2296f8077fc9f8d138.JPG

Was running fine today

2 hours ago, Rollercoaster_Lover said:

Is it just me or ever since those safety audits Dreamworld intimin rides are breaking down a lot more then they use to be?

Intamin rides are notorious for breaking down, just take a look at how much Top Thrill Dragster breaks down and ToT doesn't even feel that bad. Claw and MDMC really don't break down much at all.

2 hours ago, djrappa said:

Do we really need a bloody update every time a ride stops?

This isn't the Gold Coast Bulliten you know 

Don't get your knickers in a knot.

it's the school holidays and many people plan which park they are visiting based on the availability of rides. 

It's not like a new thread is being posted, it's a singular post, in a maintenance thread. Seems relevant, factual, and informative, pretty much the opposite of anything by the GCB. 

Edited by Brad2912

Actually it's not on topic at all. 

Is the ride closed for maintenance? No

Are people planning the family holiday around TOT going down for a while and coming to parkz to make those plans? No

Its more like people have verbal diarrhea and can't deal without posting for more than 5 mins or else they won't feel loved.  

You've lost the plot... having a bad week??

It was closed, and they were working on it. That is maintenance. 

I don't really understand why you've targeted me given the complete dribble posted by some on these pages, with multiple posters uploading the same photo's and content regularly. 

I don't post here anywhere near as often as most, and I'm certainly not chasing up votes. 

I know plenty of locals who will change their minds on their afternoon park plans based on what rides are open. I thought my post would be of use to such people. 

if My post didn't interest you, maybe you could have ignored it, as i do when it happens.

Edited by Brad2912

45 minutes ago, Brad2912 said:

It was closed, and they were working on it. That is maintenance.

That's not maintenance...  Maintenance is maintaining something to prevent issues from occurring...  This was a break down...

For example...  I should have been getting my car service done every so many kilometres or months to prevent an issues from occurring...  I failed to do that and my gearbox failed...  Now what did I do?

Did I:

A.  Perform maintenance

B.  Repair the breakdown

Edited by MaxxTheMonster

If it causes down time, its a break down.
If it doesn't cause down time, it's maintenance.

If something is found one day and prevents the ride from opening and forces a change to the schedule, it might be unscheduled, but it is still maintenance. You can't plan everything.

Edited by Levithian

@Brad2912 - Nah I had a great day actually...  Day off...  Son at vacation care, wife at work...  Got to sit around and do absolutely nothing all day long...  But thanks for your concern there buddy...

Image result for stifler thumbs up

Back to the topic though...  Nothing irks me more than someone who does not pay attention to scheduled maintenance and then thinks that there is something can be done to fix it specifically for them...

Read a comment the other day that this persons holiday to the Gold Coast was ruined because the monorail at SW was not operating during their stay...  

Edited by MaxxTheMonster