Theme Park Maintenance Schedules 2017

themagician

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Outlaw Run Fanboy said:

Does Hot Wheels Sidewinder ever go down for maintenence?

You see the thing about Arrow coasters is that they were so well made, they never required maintenance ever. This is what led to the company's demise - nobody was buying replacement parts, and those that bought their coasters never needed to buy another one!

^You also left out the counterweights.

Surfboards are themeing and not necessary for the safe operation of the ride. We also know that they're sitting less than 100 metres from the ride. Bringing them to the ride and installing is less than a night's work.

Likewise for the gondola. Although it's not currently visible, it's likely the gondola isn't far away, and can be brought back to the ride envelope overnight. Another day to reattach it, and then a few days testing. Its the current state of the gondola that will be important - hopefully they're done (or nearly done) with it.

There are 9 working days left until the 30th. All up - even if we see ZERO work on site until the 27th, they could still have it up and running on the 30th.

Edited by AlexB

Oh my lord that's weird to see. Is it a requirement to remove the top section to access the engine or are they also sprucing up the planes at the same time? When I went in September those planes needed a good clean / paint job.

People are brutal to the poor fiberglass planes... #sadreactsonly

7 minutes ago, Mc coaster said:

Or maybe they just aren’t maintained very well to begin with. 😂😂

I get your point, the staff member didn't seem to troubled with people punching / kicking / sitting on / yelling at / causing emotional distress to the wings of the planes. In fact, the staff member I had was full on jumping on one wing to try and fix it because it was jammed.

4 hours ago, CaptainLazerGuns said:

I get your point, the staff member didn't seem to troubled with people punching / kicking / sitting on / yelling at / causing emotional distress to the wings of the planes. In fact, the staff member I had was full on jumping on one wing to try and fix it because it was jammed.

Poor planes... it's time for justice!

Was down at Dreamworld tonight and the Christmas wreath was installed after the park closed, atm the arm is back on tailspin and is know being put together, wipeout was being worked on in preparation for the addition of the counter weights and gondola which are on site, trolls have been pushed back, minor works taking place on the eastern drop side and some good old rehearsals for the Christmas shows!! More to come!!

Interesting. I wonder how many people will try to ride Wipeout on Christmas day?

I think you'll find the dates shown on the Dreamworld website are closure 'inclusive' dates - meaning the end date shown is the last date it is planned to be closed, not the first day it reopens.