Theme Park Maintenance Schedules 2017

themagician

Craig LIED!! He said all big 9 will be ready BY christmas not AFTER christmas! Never trusting Craig again.

All jokes aside, great to see log ride reopening. But sad to see almost another extra month of maintenance for Wipeout. Probably the first time I have seen a push forward though, with any Big9!

Dreamworld recently confirmed they have had delays in getting parts from overseas for rides closed for maintenance.

image.png.4742a425507d761ede7aa038d6beff27.png

PS. Madagascar was scheduled for 6th December. How is a 2 day delay good news? Lol.

And also, once again Dreamworld has done their famous "date change" for when rides actually got closed down on basically all of their currently closed rides.

Edited by themeparkaddict

... re Wipeout I think the big issue here is over promising and under delivering. It's a mistake to keep promising the GP an opening date and then break that promise, over and over again. Not a good move for a business that is trying to win back trust in the marketplace.

Leave the dam thing closed and set a reopening date only when they are 100% sure they can.

• Like 1

JL is a complete disaster experience today...

90% of the ride had zero audio

guns scoring but for the most part not turning the lights off when you hit the spores

3d animations very stuttery

Projection on the smoke screen so faint it couldn’t be made out

Final door before final screen stuck open

Final screen not functional at all 

16 minutes ago, Brad2912 said:

JL is a complete disaster experience today...

90% of the ride had zero audio

guns scoring but for the most part not turning the lights off when you hit the spores

3d animations very stuttery

Projection on the smoke screen so faint it couldn’t be made out

Final door before final screen stuck open

Final screen not functional at all 

Tell the staff. Tell guest services or the operators. They probably haven't realized it.

6 hours ago, joz said:

Just on DCR, does it ever break down?  I'm in the area a bit and I always see it going?  Aside from a few minor things during the soft opening I haven't heard anything either

Never heard of any downtime myself... Seems Mack has got a lot more reliable since the Scooby Doo days haha. I still have nightmares of that bloody Fault light :P

9 hours ago, joz said:

Just on DCR, does it ever break down?  I'm in the area a bit and I always see it going?  Aside from a few minor things during the soft opening I haven't heard anything either

I went a few weeks ago (after soft opening) and the Harnesses weren’t locking so they had to get everyone off and try and lock them but they weren’t so they transferred it back into the transfer station

8 hours ago, Spotty said:

Never heard of any downtime myself... Seems Mack has got a lot more reliable since the Scooby Doo days haha. I still have nightmares of that bloody Fault light :P

Scooby is very reliable but there is just no way you can have what is essentially a high speed dark ride with so many blocks and cars and not have ride stoppages. Look at something like Space Mountain... same deal. Scooby's problem is it's non proportional fiction brakes which are not good at accounting for wear and car weight. So most of your faults are gonna be due to overspeed or stopping distance too long.

33 minutes ago, djrappa said:

Scooby is very reliable but there is just no way you can have what is essentially a high speed dark ride with so many blocks and cars and not have ride stoppages. Look at something like Space Mountain... same deal. Scooby's problem is it's non proportional fiction brakes which are not good at accounting for wear and car weight. So most of your faults are gonna be due to overspeed or stopping distance too long.

Yeah this is what was causing most of the faults when I was there... delays in the station causing stacking in the dark ride or the lift / turntable faulting out. 99% of the time that was what it was... or idiots misbehaving :P I will admit in the last few years from what I have heard it's become a lot less touchy than when I was working there. Either that or it didn't like me :P