Theme Park Maintenance Schedules 2017

themagician

1 hour ago, themeparkaddict said:

Buzzsaw Pushed Back!

2nd December

PS. To the person who put a confused face for this post, please tell me what confuses you about a push back.

Pushed back can mean a few things.  Buzzsaw was pushed back into the station.  Buzzsaw maintenance date has been pushed back to the 2nd.  This isn't twitter.

Edited by Skeeta
  • Like 1

38 minutes ago, westical said:

Had these problems a few weeks ago. Don’t recall the fog screen working properly since shortly after it opened. 

It was down for quite a while, but I’d say the last 6 or so visits over the last few months (prior to yesterday) it was working really well

Went on Justice League today. So so soooooo happy that I can say it was at 90-95% working perfectly! The only parts not working that I could see was a couple of targets not flashing on & off + no vibration. Other than that It was great! 

Not sure if Movie World reads these forums to see problems that may be occurring in the park but I just want to say a huge well done for getting on top of that! 

It was the first time in a long time that I didn't think to myself "I wanna get off this ride" halfway through :lol:

• Like 2

Whilst some school holidays \ schoolies and such are happening at this time of year, i'm totally ok with the parks running maintenance right up to boxing day if necessary. Most tourist holidays start after christmas \ in January, not before, and locals are your primary market in the next 3 weeks.

1 hour ago, MickeyD said:

Only at the top of the 1st one, actually - and probably the single most boring shift in the entire Park. Fortunately 1 that's no more than 2 hrs at a time.

Yeah... I am still traumatised by that lift!!! The amount of times I had nearly fallen asleep up there haha... until one day I got a VERY rude awakening to a big huntsman falling on my head! Considering I have a huge fear of spiders I didn't work west for several weeks after that haha

5 hours ago, Rollercoaster_Lover said:

But at the top of both the drops theres a controll room and staff can see them

Thanks scoop, even my 5 year old understands sarcasm...

1 hour ago, Rollercoaster_Lover said:

At the big drop at he end there’s another one, where the mirror is

You realise you are arguing with ride ops that have worked at MW on WWF, yeah?

1 hour ago, Rollercoaster_Lover said:

As Brad has pointed out, you're a one legged man in an arse kicking contest right now - you have no chance of winning against people who have been employed to operate the ride...

But just in case somehow you still think you are correct, note that the 'mirror' never used to be there before the fire. Its a poor masking attempt to cover previous ride effects no longer in use, while giving you something to look at in a room that without it's effects is just a boring wood panelled room. If there WAS in fact an op booth there, it would have been there from the beginning, and since the mirror hasn't been there since the beginning, its implausible to suggest that they built a booth where there wasn't one before - without some hazard identifying a need for it.

18 minutes ago, Rollercoaster_Lover said:

I didn’t know that they worked there

I don't believe you for a second:

5 hours ago, MickeyD said:

Only at the top of the 1st one, actually - and probably the single most boring shift in the entire Park. Fortunately 1 that's no more than 2 hrs at a time.

Mickey clearly has knowledge of the Park's rostering practices, as well as how exciting that shift can be. Either he worked there, or he knows someone who did.

If that didn't tip you over, then the followup should have:

3 hours ago, Spotty said:

Yeah... I am still traumatised by that lift!!! The amount of times I had nearly fallen asleep up there haha... until one day I got a VERY rude awakening to a big huntsman falling on my head! Considering I have a huge fear of spiders I didn't work west for several weeks after that haha

At that point, connecting the two posts together, you should have realised you were dealing with people much more intimately familiar with the ride than you clearly are... and yet an hour after Spotty's post, you continued to argue the point:

2 hours ago, Rollercoaster_Lover said:

So if you still argue that you didn't know, then it is only because you don't read things before replying.

Yeah no...1 booth in West at the top of lift 2. And 2 in Scooby. One just after the turntable on the first hairpin and one to the right of the lift. Not actually 100% if both booths in Scooby are manned anymore either. Some changes have been made, not going into too much more about who I am but people on these forums can very much vouch that I have been employed by both VRL and Ardent