Theme Park Maintenance Schedules 2017

themagician

Wild West Falls lap bar system isn't designed to actually restrain anyone, it's designed to prevent people standing up. As far as I am aware it's the only Hopkins Super Flume model to actually feature lap bars, I know the one at Dollywood and Six Flags Fiesta Texas doesn't feature them. Someone feel free to correct me if i'm wrong but I'm actually fairly sure the lap bars were not originally featured on WWF but added shortly after installation? 

You wouldn't fall out of Wild West Falls if you rode without the lap bar either, but I guess the park just wanted the additional safety just in case.

3 hours ago, themagician said:

Come on DW, lets start 2018 with everything open.

and please announce some major investment in seriously impressive new attractions by June the latest. Otherwise announce that Ardent is putting the park on the market by at least February! 

I am dumb, so I await correction by someone wise! 

Edited by pushbutton

10 minutes ago, AlexB said:

logs were cycling on the Rocky Hollow, and the gondola was reattached to Wipeout today (no seats on the gondola though.)

Thanks for the update! What did the cages look like?

And also, next post from @Rollercoaster_Lover will be:

"hey guys my mums friends dad said that wipe out will now no longer use seats instead u lie down for da entire ride"

From TPSN (no idea who the statement came from as it’s not on DW’s page)

Statement from Dreamworld Australia on the logride reopening!

At the moment most likely it will not be opening Monday. We're in the final stages of testing, but we're currently working with external auditers, Workplace Health and Safety and engineering experts to get the final tick of approval. This end stage is taking longer than expected mainly due to the recent holidays. When we have a firm date we'll update our website and announce the reopening on our social media channels.

Edited by Brad2912

7 hours ago, Brad2912 said:

From TPSN (no idea who the statement came from as it’s not on DW’s page)

Statement from Dreamworld Australia on the logride reopening!

At the moment most likely it will not be opening Monday. We're in the final stages of testing, but we're currently working with external auditers, Workplace Health and Safety and engineering experts to get the final tick of approval. This end stage is taking longer than expected mainly due to the recent holidays. When we have a firm date we'll update our website and announce the reopening on our social media channels.

It sounds like to me as though it is just a simple Facebook message!!