Theme Park Maintenance Schedules 2017

themagician

Not all rides/theme parks have released their maintence schedules for the year yet. But the first ones has been posted online this morning.

The Road Runner is closed from Monday 30th January and will re-open Monday 13th March 2017

The Storm Coaster is closed from Monday the 6th of Feb with a scheduled reopening date of Sunday 20th March 2017.

3 hours ago, joz said:

@YLFATEEKS Hey that was pretty mellow by my standards of late :P

Just making the point that it's going to be hard to cool down at Sea World with a water ride closed in summer and no bubbles in the beer.

#wherehavethebubblesgone

I've heard Storm Coaster drenches you year round (no winter mode), is this true? 

They could be actually beginning to remove Viking's Revenge during the Storm Coaster maintenance period? They've already begun removing the queue lines & signage (which is pretty easy to do) but maybe they are indeed going to quickly remove the flume channel around the Storm Coaster then? Like I've said before, it looks complex to remove & may be deemed too risky to do while the Storm Coaster is operating. With limited rides & limited times to close Storm Coaster for scheduled maintenance, maybe SW has decided to do a quick but careful removal in case of future delays (i.e. weather/damage to Storm Coaster) particularly as they've set themselves a deadline of 2019?

There's no evidence that says they will remove that flume channel around Storm Coaster during Storm Coaster's maintenance period but they should take the most of the opportunities presented.

Edited by Jamberoo Fan

You do make a very good point @Jamberoo Fan, and that wasn't actually something I'd thought out. But I'd definitely say, that they would have to remove it will the storm was closed, otherwise there is a level of risk. They could also close that whole pathway off while it's under maintence so they can safety remove the whole channel and maybe even the lift hill, drop and remainder of queue area

Dora Show Stage Closure

The Dora Show Stage will be closed for maintenance from 30th Jan 2017 with a scheduled reopening date of 13th March 2017. Please note there will be no Dora’s Best Friend Adventure Show during this time however there will be additional character meet and greets, find out more in park.

Source: Sea World's Attraction Maintenance webpage

Edited by Jamberoo Fan

•  
  • Dodgems

Closed for scheduled maintenance on Monday 17th July and will re-open Monday 20th November 2017.

• Sam’s Train

Closed for scheduled maintenance on Monday 5th June and will re-open Monday 12th June 2017.

• Tweety Cages

Closed for scheduled maintenance on Monday 15th May and will re-open Monday 29th May 2017.

1 hour ago, Rollercoaster_Lover❤️ said:
  •  
  • Dodgems

Closed for scheduled maintenance on Monday 17th July and will re-open Monday 20th November 2017.

• Sam’s Train

Closed for scheduled maintenance on Monday 5th June and will re-open Monday 12th June 2017.

• Tweety Cages

Closed for scheduled maintenance on Monday 15th May and will re-open Monday 29th May 2017.

I wonder what the dodgems are being closed for... :P