themagician

Theme Park Maintenance Schedules 2017

720 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, themeparkaddict said:

image.thumb.png.d93e3c7ca909deced16e11114a5666ef.png

Question: is the Wedgie only open on Weekends or is it down for maintenence? It's been like this for around 2 weeks now.

By the way, TOT and Hop and Hoot closed early!:D

It's not as popular as the rest of the rides + it's winter so theres no point in wasting energy/water.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, themeparkaddict said:

image.thumb.png.d93e3c7ca909deced16e11114a5666ef.png

Question: is the Wedgie only open on Weekends or is it down for maintenence? It's been like this for around 2 weeks now.

By the way, TOT and Hop and Hoot closed early!:D

Yeah, went to Dreamworld after school and was planning to go on tower of terror lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 07/08/2017 at 5:23 PM, Flynn_Smith said:

It's not as popular as the rest of the rides + it's winter so theres no point in wasting energy/water.

It's open as usual, it's not closed. Everything in the waterpark is still open in winter, the only thing different I believe is on weekdays The Bro and The Rip alternate, so one is open for the first half of the day and the other for the second half.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, Evie said:

It's open as usual, it's not closed. Everything in the waterpark is still open in winter, the only thing different I believe is on weekdays The Bro and The Rip alternate, so one is open for the first half of the day and the other for the second half.

Exactly right. The ride was apparently just down for maintenance.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, themagician said:

The BuzzSaw is scheduled for maintence between October 16 to November 27. Six weeks seems like quite a long time for this ride to closed for. Could this maybe be related to the removal of the river rapids?

It was said that the investigation that WHS is conducting at the moment is due to wrap up in October so closing the ride to remove TRRR does sounds pretty logical in my opinion 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ideally they'd be removing the Rapid Ride then, but let's face it, how long has Blue Lagoon been left their to rot without as much as hammer swung or shovel sunk, and let's not forget the Mine Ride. I know it's still early days (months/nearly a year) but I don't foresee the Rapid Ride being removed anytime soon if previous inaction is anything to go by. Still, happy to be proven wrong.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There is already some works taking place around the TRR area and DW have confirmed previously that the ride will be removed.
I think I also remember seeing something stating that removal would ideally begin near the end of 2017. It all lines up for potential TRR removal taking place.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, themagician said:

WWF was scheduled to reopen August 28, but has been pushed back to 18th September

Wow really?! Is it just me or is Wild West Falls a really fun and great ride? I really enjoy Wild West falls

Edited by Rollercoaster_Lover

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Rollercoaster_Lover said:

They are reopening the mine ride...

Actually. I'd like to know where DreamWorld said "We are re-opening the mine ride" and not just saying "We are looking at re-investing into old classics like the mine ride". It's a CHANCE that it will re-open. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Brad2912 said:

It was mentioned in an internal staff memo that got leaked out publicly. It's floating around in a thread somewhere

I'm pretty sure the post featuring the memo got removed

I remember a few days after the memo got leaked I tried to look for it and it wasn't there

 

Edited by Adventures With JWorld
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Adventures With JWorld said:

I'm pretty sure the post featuring the memo got removed

I remember a few days after the memo got leaked I tried to look for it and it wasn't there

 

Correct, The memo got removed. I believe the reason given at the time was along the lines of "at the request of DW"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Parkz Crew

    Support Parkz... join the Crew for:

    • Ad-banner free viewing
    • Parkz Crew profile badge
    • Extended editing
    • See who's liked your posts
    • Purchase discounts

    Join Now from $20/yr

  • Recently Browsing

    No registered users viewing this page.