What is the current state of Justice League?

GoGoBoy

I was just wondering if anyone has ridden JL at Movie World recently and can report on the state of the attraction at the moment. The last (and only) time I was on it was well over a year ago and it had a number of issues. There was no fog screen with the Starro projection, the space ship door was permanently open, and most critically, the final two interactive screens in the spaceship were so dull you could barely make out what was happening. I assume there was something majorly wrong with the projectors.

I figured this would have all been fixed by now, but I came across a recent YouTube video that seems to show that isn't the case. On that note, does anybody feel like filming a full POV of the ride? Most on YouTube are from when JL first opened.

The last time I rode it - White Christmas all effects were working fine on my first run (fog curtain & projection for the first time in months). 

Second run through it glitched going through the ship doors and the car actually stopped in the doorway. Doors kept trying to close on the car for about 2mins (my son and I were totally certain we'd be crushed.... I'd hate to think what would have happened if the car behind us had hit us...). Then we started moving again but nothing registered from that point onwards and most screens were frozen. 

But id say glitch aside, everything effects wise was working 

That's good to hear. I thought they might have just given up on the fog screen and doors. Thumbs up to MW's maintenance team and techs. So the final two showdown screens were fully visible and illuminated to the same extent as the screens throughout the rest of the ride? When I last went on it they were so dark you could barely see the characters. It really stood out because the first few screens in the city scenes were so vivid.

Edited by GoGoBoy

The last few times I had been on the ride (for White Christmas) the fog screen was working, but the doors into the ship were not working, the guns were not scoring points, and the 3d effects were not working. We visited about a month prior too and the ride was much the same. Perhaps just bad luck?

Heading down today and it will be the first ride little Mr will want to go on so will update you in about an hour unless someone beats me to it...

Update- Cyborg still has his Glasgow grin and is out of sync with the audio, first door teleport lighting not working, everything working until smoke screen which has no starro projection, following door has no teleport lighting but Green Lantern projection is working, Justice League farewell plays too early...

Edited by MaxxTheMonster

1 hour ago, MaxxTheMonster said:

Heading down today and it will be the first ride little Mr will want to go on so will update you in about an hour unless someone beats me to it...

Update- Cyborg still has his Glasgow grin and is out of sync with the audio, first door teleport lighting not working, everything working until smoke screen which has no starro projection, following door has no teleport lighting but Green Lantern projection is working, Justice League farewell plays too early...

Thanks Maxx. Sounds like a mixed bag and probably depends on when you ride it. I've noticed that when it comes to dark rides and the amount of effects involved, the experience can literally vary from vehicle to vehicle, let alone from month to month (you can see this just by watching a few dark ride vids on Youtube from parks overseas). For whatever reason things get out of sync and various triggers sometimes fail. I guess that's computers for you. Some issues are more permanent/long-term failures, like the darkened screens issue I noted on JL. But it sounds like this has been fixed and the ride is certainly in a better state than when I visited.

You mention the 'following door after the fog screen', but I believe this is the spaceship door isn't it? I don't think it has ever had teleport lighting -- it's just supposed to open in sync with Green Lantern. It's highly tempremental apparently.

Edited by GoGoBoy

A lot of the not working/out of sync issues seem to be related to stoppages during the ride i think. Ive been on before where we actually stopped in the ride near superman for about a minute and just had to wait for some reason. Couldn't shoot anything from there on, with the last staro projector actually being blank. Rode it again later in the day and it was fine with no hold ups and everything worked.

Edited by Levithian

4 minutes ago, Levithian said:

A lot of the not working/out of sync issues seem to be related to stoppages during the ride i think. Ive been on before where we actually stopped in the ride near superman for about a minute and just had to wait for some reason. Couldn't shoot anything from there on, with the last staro projector actually being blank. Rode it again later in the day and it was fine with no hold ups and everything worked.

Yeah it sounds like this is one ride that is not particularly good at picking up where it left off after any stoppage.

32 minutes ago, Levithian said:

That would be true...  but doesn't explain why the Cyborg animatronic which is on a loop which is not affected by the ride carriages stopping and starting is out...

I find it a bit of hit and miss with JL, I have had a couple of times where everything has worked, everything in time, and it was great. But the majority of the time, there is stuff out of action or not in sync. The main thing I don't see working is the door when GL opens it, and Supermans fight at the end is out of sync 

22 hours ago, MaxxTheMonster said:

That would be true...  but doesn't explain why the Cyborg animatronic which is on a loop which is not affected by the ride carriages stopping and starting is out...

Because i dont think its part of the ride. Ive stood there for like 45 mins in the queue line and it just plays on a loop like other queue line video stuff. Doesnt matter whats going on, it just ends and restarts.

19 minutes ago, Levithian said:

Because i dont think its part of the ride. Ive stood there for like 45 mins in the queue line and it just plays on a loop like other queue line video stuff. Doesnt matter whats going on, it just ends and restarts.

That was the point he was making. Because it's 'separate' to the overall ride system -- not linked to or triggered by the passage of ride vehicles -- it shouldn't suffer from the sync issues that sometimes affect various components of the actual ride scenes.

When does it stop and start though? It seems to play for like to 10 mins and restart itself. Doesnt matter what is going on, it just seems to do its own thing.

If you pay real close attention it seems like cyborg doesnt quite match the sound with his lip movements. But it seems that way all the time, like its a built in thing. 

Ive seen the small screens stop working before, just had some error on the screen. So i guess they can play up like any computer and mess up the video and audio. Im assuming it has some sort of computer playing the video in the station and not a little digital media box thing. 

On 28/01/2017 at 9:44 AM, MaxxTheMonster said:

Cyborg still has his Glasgow grin and is out of sync with the audio

On 28/01/2017 at 11:34 AM, MaxxTheMonster said:

/snip

6 hours ago, Levithian said:

When does it stop and start though? It seems to play for like to 10 mins and restart itself. Doesnt matter what is going on, it just seems to do its own thing.

If you pay real close attention it seems like cyborg doesnt quite match the sound with his lip movements. But it seems that way all the time, like its a built in thing. 

Feel like there is some sort of echo...  echo...  echo...