A Pirate Live Show at Dreamworld from the 90's?

Cactus_Matt

I can't remember if I dreamed it or imagined it but I'm having trouble finding information about a live pirate show that was hosted at Dreamworld in (I think) the 90's? I'm 100% sure it wasn't the 2007 Pirates of the Pacific show because it wasn't indoors/under a tent and I would have been 20 in 2007 and I remember I was a lot younger when I saw this pirate show. It had a grandstand of seats in front of a mock up wooden pirate ship and had actors performing all sorts of shenanigans on and around the boat. It didn't come up on the Dreamworld wiki of former attractions so I figured I'd ask the endlessly knowledgable folks here to confirm or deny my memories.

@Cactus_Matt you are correct about Dreamworld- there was in fact a Pirates themed high dive Stunt Show that was a Holiday Attraction and located roughly where Tiger Island sits today.

It was a travelling show of sorts and I believe some of the Divers from the show at the time made their fame from the World Expo88 show. That said, it would have been in the 1990s. My guess it would be somewhere around 1992/93 summer. Not sure if there was any affiliation with this show and the one at Wonderland.

@MickeyD Oh good, so I'm not going completely crazy! Thanks for the info, I was so sure it was Dreamworld, glad to get some confirmation. If it was 92/93 I'm surprised I even remember as I would have only been 4 or 5 years old, must have made an impression on me. I do recall it being after the Matterhorn too the more I think back, so in the area Tiger Island is now checks out too.

@Cactus_Matt - I just found this:

During each major holiday period Dreamworld runs exciting value-added promotions which add a new dimension of family entertainment to the Park. They supplement Dreamworld's existing rides, shows and attractions at no extra costs.

All promotions are unique such as...the swashbuckling stunts, sword fights and high dives of "Duelling Pirates" direct from Las Vegas.

Judging from that last sentence, is this the show you are referring to?:

Edited by Jamberoo Fan