Dreamworld's Corroboree Stage 2

themagician

It was announced this morning in an interview with Craig Davidsons, that stage 2 for Dreamworlds Corroboree would be completed this year.

No details at this stage of what this includes, but I personally hope they upgrade Crocodile enclosures, remove the chairlift station, and maybe this could be the end of vintage cars, or they are improved upon to make them popular like they were back in the day.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

39 minutes ago, Slick said:

That's just the old bush show area which they use for tourist groups now. Nice try though. :)

Was gonna say, if that's the stage 2 they've certainly spared no expense and gone all out...

wooden stump - check

Paint some aboriginal patterns - check

stage 2 is open!

15 hours ago, Slick said:

That's just the old bush show area which they use for tourist groups now. Nice try though. :)

This is the post I was referring to as being technically correct...

17 hours ago, Twilight Zone said:

Stage 2 will be Torrer Strait Island area of Corroboree.

Not this one...

18 hours ago, Twilight Zone said:

Really....well lets see who's right in the end:D

I will be, because at present that's exactly what it's used for. In saying that, I also have no doubt what expansions will probably occur in this space as it's a) right near the train station b)facilities are already in place and c) there's plenty of land behind it to expand into.

I think it's  a combination of all the bad press, no marketing right in the crucial period when people were making plans, and all the rides being closed were factors.  I agree that rides being closed was a factor, it did seem to get busier as the summer went along, which is the opposite to normal.  

Everything coming out of the park sounds fairly positive (they're saying the right things not that there is heaps of good news).  I wonder if as a company they've already made peace with a year or two of heavily reduced profits and decided to stick it out anyway.  That's me being optimistic but they're still talking about investing which is what's leading me to think that.

Investing in the Wildlife section seems an odd choice but I wonder if they're doing it to try and win over the international tour groups and get them back.  Parks tend to have contracts with tour companies to bring guests in, while the park was closed they would've had to find other options, now the park has reopened the tour operators don't just go 'OK we'll come back now.  They'll have made alternative arrangements with other operators  and a lot will probably just stay with that new arrangement.  Investing in the wildlife section at Dreamworld may be part of an attempt to win them back.

So what? they've still agreed to PROCEED with it, in the face of everything - which does give a decent indication that they have faith in the park's ability to rebound - dare I say also a good indication that they don't intend to offload the park anytime soon.

OR it could be because the government grants that they received in order to build an operate an indigenous education program probably requires them to otherwise they lose their funding... which is also a possibility.

I was just pointing it out because, to me, it sounded like @joz was thinking it was a new decision made after the Thunder River Rapids incident (and DW's re-opening) due to less than normal international tourist group visitation that was an effect of DW's 6 week closure.

Edited by Jamberoo Fan

7 hours ago, joz said:

Investing in the Wildlife section seems an odd choice but I wonder if they're doing it to try and win over the international tour groups and get them back.  Parks tend to have contracts with tour companies to bring guests in, while the park was closed they would've had to find other options, now the park has reopened the tour operators don't just go 'OK we'll come back now.  They'll have made alternative arrangements with other operators  and a lot will probably just stay with that new arrangement.  Investing in the wildlife section at Dreamworld may be part of an attempt to win them back.

I don't think so. This Corroboree. expansion was planned before the incident late last year. It was mentioned as being their next park development in their annual financial report to 'drive international visitors', but not as a form of TRR damage control since it happened after this came out.

So if anything they are just going ahead with their original plans. 

On 07/02/2017 at 5:42 PM, Slick said:

@Twilight Zone @Slick is correct. They have been using it for the Sunset tours for quite a while now. I'm one of a few who has kept an occasional eye on it whilst down that end of the park (my husband is a smoker, unfortunately!) and there's definitely nothing new happening with it of late. If anything they may even end up completely removing it with the upcoming refurbishment plans for the area.