Dreamworld's Corroboree Stage 2

themagician

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Could we also see during Corroboree stage 2 development, the chair lift station at the back of the park removed. I wonder if we see DW build some type of ride in Corroboree area even if its a flat ride and theme it into that area. As there haven't built a ride since Tail Spin. (A few years) OR are they saving for that roller coaster :) 

• 3 months later...

Dreamworld has put out a tender for Corroboree Stage 2.  I thought this was a project for this year but after reading the tender it hasn't been designed yet. Now I'm not so sure.

Project: Dreamworld Corroboree Stage 2 (Future Labs) - D+C

This project involves construction of the Corroboree Future Lab (Stage 2) of the Corroboree upgrade and is an integral component of Dreamworld's commitment to research and preservation of endangered species. This working and interactive Lab will provide public attraction to educate and inspire guests, students and researchers. The Lab is proposing to initially study koalas, bilbies and tigers. This is a Design and Construct project; therefore documentation is not fully completed as yet.

Edited by Skeeta

Was talking to Aunty Di (Corroboree Staff) and she was talking to me about all of the features they are adding and how there will be more Torres Strait Islander References, also that a fair bit of the designing has already been finished, with the Corroboree staff all designing it together. Trust Me its going to be Awesome!!

Given that it’s the same company that’s managing the Hyper coaster build at MW issuing the tender to design and not DW.  Is it possible this company has already secured the contract to build stage 2 and DW has asked them to add onto it?  I see two possibilities here.  1.  Stage 2 is ready to go but now DW want to add to it.  2. The original stage 2 plans have been scraped and they have gone back to the drawing board.

(Thoughts have changed after reading Richards comments and doing more research)

After finding this I now believe the laboratory to be part of the first vision.

Capture.JPG.a43c4c0bfc04cb2551b535631feddfe0.JPG

Because it says included in DW stage 2 I still hope there is more to stage 2 then a laboratory

Edited by Skeeta
Found more stuff.

On 06/07/2017 at 8:06 PM, Skeeta said:

Corroboree Future Lab

That's not the entirety of Stage 2, it's the 'key feature'. (or that's what I'm calling it) Just like the humpy/Corroboree Theatre was the key feature of Stage 1.

I'm hoping this "Future Lab" takes up the old Skylink station area. (oh and has a better name than Future Lab when it opens)

On 06/07/2017 at 8:38 PM, Minions! said:

with the Corroboree staff all designing it together

Dreamworld works with the local and federal Government as well as Indigenous groups to design and develop everything within Corroboree.

• 2 months later...