Ardent park in Coffs Harbour (FAKE)

T-bone

Bahaha get stuck in!  Industry people getting stuck into Wet 'n' Wild Sydney is one of my favourite things.

Anyway...12 acre theme park?  Yeah that's a bit like building a helipad and calling it an airport.  Hope they have some success though, Ardent haven't shown much in terms of commitment to the Australian Amusement business, so good to see them investing, and Coffs could do with something else.

They said:

Ms Thomas said “I can’t reveal much at this stage, however the park will feature a number of multi-million dollar rollercoasters, a water park and an AMF Bowling Centre. There will be space set aside for tourist accommodation to be developed in a later stage of the project”.

Notice how they said a number of multi-million dollar rollercoasters and a water park. Why do I have the feeling they mean rollercoasters like Buzzsaw and not actual decent coasters.

Edited by Tim Dasco

4 minutes ago, Tim Dasco said:

Notice how they said a number of multi-million dollar rollercoasters and a water park. Why do I have the feeling they mean rollercoasters like Buzzsaw and not actual decent coasters.

Because they think people are fine with that kind of thing, minimal effort into design and originality. And maybe Joe public is tricked into thinking coasters like that are worth the time and money but until someone with a lot of money and a vision to back it up comes along to build a world class park filled to the brim with world class roller coasters, companies will keep doing the bare minimum to keep relevant in the public's eyes, or irrelevant in the eyes of coaster fans.

• Richard changed the title to Ardent park in Coffs Harbour (FAKE)
24 minutes ago, Tim Dasco said:

Why do I have the feeling they mean rollercoasters like Buzzsaw and not actual decent coasters.

Rides like Buzzsaw still get people through the doors. I'd love it if every addition to our local parks could be the calibre of Superman Escape, but bottom line is they are a business and they need to make money.