"Dreamworld is punishment"

downunder

12 minutes ago, downunder said:

I guess you could substitute in a park that you would hate to go to personally.  

I don't have one?  

I appreciate each and every of them for their own reasons. Especially after living rurally for 10 years where there's no theme parks, and the Gold Coast ones are a 4 hour drive each way to get to. Personally I'm very thankful for very day I get to spend at each theme park, and heaven knows I have a lot of jealous friends over the fact I get to go so frequently.  

And yes, I suppose it would also be easy to take somewhere like Dreamworld for granted when you've obviously had the advantage of worldwide travel to visit other major parks. Not all of us can say the same, so we continue to appreciate our local ones. They have brought me a lot of personal happiness and inspiration over a long enough period of time for me to ever feel otherwise.

If I didn't already have an unlimited membership for Dreamworld, I'd be more than happy to accept your punishment offer any day. I'm sure most of us can think of much worse ways to spend our time lol ??

PS. If you consider going to Dreamworld as "punishment", then have you ever considered... wait for it... maybe not going there? 

^I don't go there generally, I've been twice in the last 12 years.

I agree with you it's all relative. I would probably think more of Dreamworld if I'd hadn't been fortunate enough to check out parks abroad. I apologise for having a personal preference pertaining to dreamworld. The original comment was a joke, next time I'll add a comment indicating such.

Back to topic does anyone know anything about the new state laws?

Yeah I'm a bit stumped on that comment @downunder

obviously you can have any opinion you want, but to say it's a punishment just sounds epicly negatively skewed to me.. 

i take it you generally dislike all Australian parks then? 

And I'd question if 2 visits in 12 years is enough to accurately judge a parks merits..

Edited by Brad2912

11 minutes ago, Santa07 said:

downunder, do you live in a castle and have servants tending to your every need with unlimited money and genius-level IQ?

Because that's what it sounds like if going to Dreamworld is punishment. I don't think going to any theme park in the world could be considered punishment.

No I don't actually.

Dreamworld as punishment was a joke following on from the post preceding. How dare I raise the ire of keyboard warrior dreamworld fanboys.

I love Movie World, generally enjoy Sea World, Adventureworld in Perth was fun, Luna Park Sydney is ok but does have some good points, LP Melbourne the same. Wet and Wild or White Water World don't really go to.

Giant Drop is the best drop ride I've been on IMO, but otherwise I personally find DW a bit dry, lacking rides I'd go out of my way to visit the park for, and I've never been interested in their animal attractions. Again, I apologise for having an opinion on DW. 

5 minutes ago, downunder said:

No I don't actually.

Dreamworld as punishment was a joke following on from the post preceding. How dare I raise the ire of keyboard warrior dreamworld fanboys.

I love Movie World, generally enjoy Sea World, Adventureworld in Perth was fun, Luna Park Sydney is ok but does have some good points, LP Melbourne the same. Wet and Wild or White Water World don't really go to.

Giant Drop is the best drop ride I've been on IMO, but otherwise I personally find DW a bit dry, lacking rides I'd go out of my way to visit the park for, and I've never been interested in their animal attractions. Again, I apologise for having an opinion on DW. 

It's 2017. I'm offended by apologies and your apology for having an opinion offends me. I demand you apologise for apologising without actually apologising as that will offend me again. 

What a great world we live in. 

1 hour ago, Brad2912 said:

And I'd question if 2 visits in 12 years is a could accurate judge a parks merits..

The last visit was in Dec 2015 so that might be recent enough. 

To be honest with you I stuggled to think of a park that truly is punishment to make a humorous play on a previous post. If I'd known I'd irk all the badass DW fanboys I would have refrained lol.

So anything new on the coaster?

^I apologise for apologising, I reverse my apology & will go back in time and vote for Hillary Clinton (disclaimer: that is a joke).

Edited by downunder

@reanimated35 It has nothing to do with having an opinion.  DW is not at the top of my list either but his response sounded like I was talking to Pop.

When I pressed him further "Going to DW is punishment.  Just when I thought I had heard all types I've crazy you came along. "

He did not say I was just joking.

He wrote  " It is to me, it bores me shitless, but I'm jaded from going to parks all over the world."

He wrote this after being pressed more by other. "Dreamworld as punishment was a joke following on from the post preceding."

After that her tried to deflect what he /her said onto others.

"How dare I raise the ire of keyboard warrior dreamworld fanboys."

But I am happy to move on now.:P

@Ash Interesting.

Edited by YLFATEEKS

1 hour ago, YLFATEEKS said:

DW is not at the top of my list either but his response sounded like I was talking to Pop.

@Ash

I nearly posted the exact same thing! 

And no, as no doubt one of the alleged "keyboard warrior Dreamworld fanboys" being referring to since I was the first to respond, I did not take any offense to your post. I just couldn't make sense of your open comment about Dreamworld being considered a "form of punishment" to others, especially being posted on a theme park forum of all places.  

Joke or not, it probably would have just been a better idea to clarify that it was a personal opinion. 

Anyway, that's all I'm saying on the matter. I'd really rather continue talking about the grass activity at Movie World right now lol..... ?

3 hours ago, YLFATEEKS said:

@reanimated35 It has nothing to do with having an opinion.  DW is not at the top of my list either but his response sounded like I was talking to Pop.

When I pressed him further "Going to DW is punishment.  Just when I thought I had heard all types I've crazy you came along. "

He did not say I was just joking.

He wrote  " It is to me, it bores me shitless, but I'm jaded from going to parks all over the world."

He wrote this after being pressed more by other. "Dreamworld as punishment was a joke following on from the post preceding."

After that her tried to deflect what he /her said onto others.

"How dare I raise the ire of keyboard warrior dreamworld fanboys."

But I am happy to move on now.:P

@Ash Interesting.

Haha didn't even know you were involved in the discussion. I just saw a post about being offended and wanted to make a lame ass jokes about it.