Orlando planning

aussienetman

Hey guys, long time no post!

Heading to Orlando in August for a week, wondering if anyone has tips or advice on getting the most out of it and what parks are must dos.

For me, Universal is the big draw card especially all things Potter. Do you think three days is a bit overkill for both parks?

Magic Kingdom is a must but what other Disney parks should I get on my itinerary? Im interested in all things superhero and character photos etc

Any help or thoughts are appreciated to help get the most out of this.

Thanks guys!

Need at least one day per Universal park, so I wouldn't say three is overkill. 

Ideally two days per WDW park, probably less for DHS in its current state. 

If you've only got a week and prefer Universal, I would suggest three days for it and one day for each WDW park. 

Also keep in mind you're going in summer and potentially during their school holidays. It will be crowded and hot. 

If you're a Universal Fan, three days isn't overkill. The New Volcano bay water park should be open then, so might be worth a look.

Pandora will be open at Animal Kingdom, and is looking pretty awesome, Animal Kingdom is my personal favorite Orlando Disney Park. (2nd to only DisneySea). 

I'm a thrill head, and not a big theming person, so I rank the Orlando parks like this;

1. Islands of Adventure

2. Universal Studios

3. SeaWorld

4. Animal Kingdom

5. Magic Kingdom (I'm really not the biggest fan of Magic Kingdom, it's very crowded and is really catered towards families with younger kids, but like all Disney Parks, great theming, great staff and ALOT to do here, but only if the attractions acually appeal to you. Get the Seven Dwarfs mine train done first, on a busy day the line won't get shorter until around the start of the fireworks, once the fireworks is over the line will shoot back up again). 

6. Legoland (Not Orlando but close enough)

7. Hollywood Studios

8. The two Funspot parks

9. Epcot

As a side note, Kennedy Space Centre is pretty awesome, I would personally go here over all the theme parks from Legoland and below.

Edited by Chubu