'Affinity' Animal Rights Protest

Jamberoo Fan

7 minutes ago, Skeeta said:

Having a polar bear in a cage doesn't help SW argument.

Yeah, it’s not in a cage, but I don’t disagree with you. Singapore Zoo decided not to replace their last polar bear. AQWA, here in Perth, is no longer having dolphins or seals and Perth Zoo is rehousing their elephants after the matriarch Tricia dies. Maybe, SW should make some announcement about their future plans.

What about the many thousands of dogs, cats and other animals kept in captivity as pets by people all around the world? 

Or how about the many millions of cows, pigs, sheep and chickens that are brutally murdered around the world, just so people can eat them?

Well yep. The animals in theme parks have pretty good lives with their guaranteed security and medical care.

That's aside from all the work the parks do to rescue animals in the wild which are in danger. 

9 minutes ago, pushbutton said:

What about the many thousands of dogs, cats and other animals kept in captivity as pets by people all around the world? 

Or how about the many millions of cows, pigs, sheep and chickens that are brutally murdered around the world, just so people can eat them?

Well yep. The animals in theme parks have pretty good lives with their guaranteed security and medical care.

That's aside from all the work the parks do to rescue animals in the wild which are in danger. 

I think that argument's a little flawed though - I know of a circus lion that does the rounds that receives fantastic veterinary care, but I don't think his life is at all dignified or enriched in any meaningful way.

I'm all for captive breeding programs and the use of respectful entertainment to raise awareness to conservation, provided the exhibition of whatever animal doesn't cause stress and a decreased lifespan, and more-over, has an ability to live an enriched life in captivity. When we stop deforestation, global warming and figure out what to do with that giant floating plastic island AND all the animals are no longer being endangered by poaching, then i'll side with the activists for an end to all large & exotic animal captivity. Until then...

Edited by Slick

27 minutes ago, Slick said:

I think that argument's a little flawed though - I know of a circus lion that does the rounds that receives fantastic veterinary care, but I don't think his life is at all dignified or enriched in any meaningful way.

I'm all for captive breeding programs and the use of respectful entertainment to raise awareness to conservation, provided the exhibition of whatever animal doesn't cause stress and a decreased lifespan, and more-over, has an ability to live an enriched life in captivity. When we stop deforestation, global warming and figure out what to do with that giant floating plastic island AND all the animals are no longer being endangered by poaching, then i'll side with the activists for an end to all large & exotic animal captivity. Until then...

A little flawed?  His argument is dumb because only an idiot would lump every animal into one group.

SW do great work but having a polar bear in Australia blurs the lines on what SW is about.

6 minutes ago, Skeeta said:

A little flawed?  His argument is dumb because only an idiot would lump every animal into one group.

SW do great work but having a polar bear in Australia blurs the lines on what SW is about.

Only a rude, ignorant moron would resort to personal insults in an attempt to have their side of an argument overwhelm an opposing one.

13 minutes ago, pushbutton said:

Only a rude, ignorant moron would resort to personal insults in an attempt to have their side of an argument overwhelm an opposing one.

When it comes to hot button topics I’m inclined to agree here. Let’s keep things civil in the interest of not reducing the debate’s integrity. 

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Gold Coast Amusement Force said:

Don’t see why this isn’t a legitamate thing to protest about.

Because it’s f**king stupid. To interrupt a joyous and very special moment for kids with serious illnesses who don’t get much of an opportunity to smile is pathetic and shameful beyond words. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Gold Coast Amusement Force said:

Wrong time to protest but still I think those types of entertainment should be banned no matter for what cause.

Based on? Explain your understanding of the rescue and rehabilitation of sea life, and your understanding of the issues concerning re-release after hand reering, and your understanding of breeding programs to keep near extinct animals still on the planet. While you’re at it explain how you would envisage SW self funding their rescue & rehab programs without the aid of tourists who would disappear without marine animals to see, and where the $3.5m raised by DW to protect tigers in the wild would have come from without tigers for people to see and get an attachment to?

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Brad2912 said:

Based on? Explain your understanding of the rescue and rehabilitation of sea life, and your understanding of the issues concerning re-release after hand reering, and your understanding of breeding programs to keep near extinct animals still on the planet. While you’re at it explain how you would envisage SW self funding their rescue & rehab programs without the aid of tourists who would disappear without marine animals to see, and where the $3.5m raised by DW to protect tigers in the wild would have come from without tigers for people to see and get an attachment to?

I was talking about the deer as mentioned by @pushbutton

7 hours ago, pushbutton said:

Were you one of the ones that got arrested at Sea World, or was it you on the roof of the Dreamworld entrance? 

I don’t know but based on how much your at dreamworld, I’m suprised it wasn’t you.

Edited by Gold Coast Amusement Force

• 3 weeks later...
57 minutes ago, Slick said:

For those curious - there's a rebuttal piece going up today that debunks a lot of the activist's misconceptions.

Wow, this is an amazing video. Keeps me intrested the whole time and great editing. This is honestly at a quality where it could be picked up by a television channel and no one would ask a question about the quality of it.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Gold Coast Amusement Force said:

Wow, this is an amazing video. Keeps me intrested the whole time and great editing. This is honestly at a quality where it could be picked up by a television channel and no one would ask a question about the quality of it.

Cheers for the kind words mate! :)

• Like 1