'Affinity' Animal Rights Protest

Jamberoo Fan

18 minutes ago, Gold Coast Amusement Force said:

Would’ve only been better if people with the opposing argument could have their view shared. But that would be to reasonable...

and how would you suggest that should have been achieved when they were asked to participate and they refused to do so? (I knew that by the time I'd watched the first 45 seconds of the video).

16 minutes ago, pushbutton said:

and how would you suggest that should have been achieved when they were asked to participate and they refused to do so? (I knew that by the time I'd watched the first 45 seconds of the video).

You could have asked another group(like the one mentioned in the video), just not JFC.

Great video, regardless. It does certainly address the propaganda put out by that group. I thought it was interesting how they said the JFC protest disturbed the dolphins.

Edited by iwerks
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, Gold Coast Amusement Force said:

I was being sarcastic because they refused to comment.

I sometimes find it hard to detect sarcasm when all I see is text (it's much more apparent when you can hear someones tone of voice, or see facial expressions or mannerisms which indicate sarcasm).

Therefore I completely missed your sarcasm in the post as well!

Edited by pushbutton

13 minutes ago, Gold Coast Amusement Force said:

I feel like you didn’t watch the video because he says in it that he reached out to them and they didn’t want to say anything. So obviously I was being sarcastic about it.

Ok. I wasn't having a go at you. That's something I never do without good justification, and I always assume people are good decent people unless they give me good reason to believe otherwise!

However, I did think maybe YOU hadn't seen the part of the video where it was explained that Justice for Captives declined to be interviewed!

Not a problem though. Just a misunderstanding.

Edited by pushbutton

12 hours ago, iwerks said:

You could have asked another group(like the one mentioned in the video), just not JFC.

Great video, regardless. It does certainly address the propaganda put out by that group. I thought it was interesting how they said the JFC protest disturbed the dolphins.

Ultimately I was quite happy to not have any protestors in the clip. The group that I reference throughout the clip (JFC) for all intents and purposes are not willing to have a dialogue with anyone, and to be quite frank, I feel that their plight of activism is rooted more in self-validation than a want for animals in general to lead better lives. That's not to say all activists are like this either - I don't regard it as an us verse them battle - there's definitely merit in having robust discussion with anyone and everyone to ensure that efforts are continued to better the way we conserve and rehabilitate animals in general.

• Like 1

This gives me the feel like its an SBS Vice piece or from some show on ABC2.

Only feedback is that you need a semi transparent box around peoples names and titles as it can sometimes be a little tough to read fully / at a glance. I needed to put effort in reading their names and titles when I wanted to put more effort into hearing what the conversation was.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Naazon said:

This gives me the feel like its an SBS Vice piece or from some show on ABC2.

Only feedback is that you need a semi transparent box around peoples names and titles as it can sometimes be a little tough to read fully / at a glance. I needed to put effort in reading their names and titles when I wanted to put more effort into hearing what the conversation was.

Noted! It was a stylistic choice but agreed, can be done better in future. :)

• 5 weeks later...
  • 3 years later...