Hi there! I haven't visited the gold coast since 2010, and I'm thinking about returning for a trip later this year in December. Could somebody please offer a quick summary of the current state of the parks there? I'm specifically interested in Dreamworld/White Water World, Warner Bros. Movie World, Sea World and Wet n Wild. Those are the parks I'm most familiar with, but I'm sure there's way more worth visiting on/around the coast. So if you could offer what your experiences have been like recently, it would be very much appreciated. What's the best? What's the worst?

Looking into other forum posts, and the recent news articles - I've got the feeling Village Roadshow Parks isn't doing so hot lately. But maybe I'm mistaken on that, what do you think? 

Thank you for your time. 

24 minutes ago, WillowTree64 said:

Hi there! I haven't visited the gold coast since 2010, and I'm thinking about returning for a trip later this year in December. Could somebody please offer a quick summary of the current state of the parks there? I'm specifically interested in Dreamworld/White Water World, Warner Bros. Movie World, Sea World and Wet n Wild. Those are the parks I'm most familiar with, but I'm sure there's way more worth visiting on/around the coast. So if you could offer what your experiences have been like recently, it would be very much appreciated. What's the best? What's the worst?

Looking into other forum posts, and the recent news articles - I've got the feeling Village Roadshow Parks isn't doing so hot lately. But maybe I'm mistaken on that, what do you think? 

Thank you for your time. 

Well, those are the only main parks on the Gold Coast. They are all really good and different in their own way. Movieworld have added 3 new rides since you have been gone. Dreamworld have added 2 new rides and a complete kids area, and White Water World have added 1 new ride. SeaWorld has turned into an aquarium now, as they only have 2 rides and a kid area, but it is still very enjoyable (without the protesting). I would personally suggest buying a 3 day or 7 day pass to Movie world, Sea World and Wet n Wild, as there is alot to do and you wouldnt be able to fit it all into a short space of time. As for Dreamworld, you would only need a day or two. At dreamworld, the ticket prices are really cheap at the moment, because not all of the rides are open yet. (Just one thrill ride to go). 

Just do a bit of research and you should be fine :)

^ Ticket prices at Dreamworld have remained lower due to low numbers moreso than rides not operating. The original plan was apparently for prices to rise closer to normal once the Big 9 were up. Ride Express has also just started being offered again.

It's hard to offer advice without knowing your exact interests, I recommend visiting DW for an all round experience especially if you are time poor, if you have the time I would recommend MW and SW too with the understanding SW is currently operating with one adult ride, MW is still home to the best coasters.

I would highly recommend visiting AOS too, cheapest tickets are on Groupon last I checked.

Edited by Jordan M.