New Dreamworld Patisserie & Grill "coming soon"

Theme Park Girl

Just thought I'd upload a pic I took this arvo of what's happening inside the old Marketplace area at Dreamworld. It's being advertised outside as a new Patisserie & Grill opening "soon'" (as far as I'm aware there hasn't been a date set yet) and certainly sounds yummy ☺️ 

20170219_151611.thumb.jpg.f39445b19e98b2ea096cf782b7cff86a.jpg

20170219_153712.thumb.jpg.28c47ff15db1a51d5610fef98107eb14.jpg

Hopefully it will open this year sometime ☺️?

4 hours ago, Theme Park Girl said:

...as far as I'm aware there hasn't been a date set yet...

Hopefully it will open this year sometime...

3 hours ago, themagician said:

Hopefully it will be ready for the easter holidays

@Theme Park Girl & @themagician, I read 2 official sources both published when the LEGO Store opened on the 28th of January saying the new Jelly Belly store & The Park Patisserie & Grill will open in February (which looking at the latter photo, is very unlikely) & by April:

The Dreamworld LEGO store precinct also includes a new park exit and dining precinct featuring a
‘Jelly Belly’ store and ‘The Park’ Patisserie & Grill, set to open in February. 

Mr Davidson said the Lego Store was the start of a new precinct that would include a Kodak photography store, a Jelly Belly jelly beans store and more food and beverage shops to be ready by April.

Given the shop fitouts are well from being completed, I'd say the 'by April' timeframe is what DW is aiming for so sometime in March seems to be the probable opening date if DW desires them to be open by the 1st of April.

I also just noticed that DW has removed Market Place completely from their food & beverage outlets webpage so I gather the overall new retail precinct (excluding the LEGO Store) won't be called Market Place. I wonder if they will give it a new name or just leave it without a name or just call it the 'LEGO precinct' given the LEGO Store is next to it all?

Edited by Jamberoo Fan

8 minutes ago, Jamberoo Fan said:

@Theme Park Girl & @themagician,

I also just noticed that DW has removed Market Place completely from their food & beverage outlets webpage so I gather the overall new retail precinct (excluding the LEGO Store) won't be called Market Place. I wonder if they will give it a new name or just leave it without a name? Or just call it the 'LEGO precinct' given the LEGO Store is next to it all?

I think it's just called "The Park", as per the signage on the outside? Seems to indicate the name, otherwise wouldn't it just be 'Dreamworld' Patisserie & Grill', surely? That's my theory anyway ?

Thanks for the info quotes btw, @Jamberoo Fan. Nice to get an idea on what time frame we are looking at. Yes, I agree that April seems to be a reasonable opening window, given its current state. Clearly a lot of work still needs to be done. But I'm already digging the modern look ceiling and what not, definitely an improvement on what it used to look like ☺️

I'm definitely keen to hit up that Jelly Belly store!  They are the only type of jelly beans I like lol ?

On 19/02/2017 at 9:27 PM, Theme Park Girl said:

I think it's just called "The Park", as per the signage on the outside? Seems to indicate the name, otherwise wouldn't it just be 'Dreamworld' Patisserie & Grill', surely? That's my theory anyway ?

The Patisserie & Grill is definitely called 'The Park'. I meant the entire area as the former Market Place had several shops in it. For example, apart from the food & beverage shops, Market Place also had Showbag Alley & the Last Stop Shop. I don't think the whole area would be called 'The Park' as the area does not look like a park. If the whole area is given a name, aside from 'LEGO precinct' etc., maybe Main Street Mall could be a possibility? Though there is also the possibility no name will be given at all.

I'm with @Theme Park Girl on this one. I don't think Lego Precinct sounds that great, and personally don't think they would be able to use the lego name for the precinct, when lego is only one part and the rest is completely unrelated. 'The Park' may not be the name for the precinct, and it may just be part of the name for the patisserie and grill, but I think it would be much more appropriate. They may have a timber finish to the area and plant some greenery throughout, and then that would make it feel more like a 'park', we'll just have to see. But I'm sure with the finishes the park has done to the new food outlets in the past couple of years, I definitely think this will be of good standard. I'd much rather they take their time and make this part of the park look great, rather than them do a quick job and it look crap.