New Dreamworld Patisserie & Grill "coming soon"

Theme Park Girl

Now that there are two doors connecting the lego store with the park, I wonder how DW will manage to keep the park guests from the non-park guests. The obvious choice would be to just double what they're doing now, with a staff member manned at each door, however we do know how much Dreamworld likes to cut staff numbers in half during off-peak and perhaps we might see one of the doors closed during quieter times of the year? I do think some permanent turnstiles there would be a good investment for the park, it must be difficult for the staff member out the front to constantly monitor people entering and exciting the park.

Agreed, and its a bit strange when you walk in, because you are essentially inside the right store, and then 5 metres to the left is the other store. I don't know why haven't put walls in for those stores because i feel like they are making things harder for themselves with multiple enterances/exits, and now the same for shops. If people try to steal, I bet they could get away with it because of all the different ways in and out of the stores.

Edited by themagician

Not a huge fan of the way they've finished off that orange building. It's a very polished/modern look which does not match with the top of the original design at all. In fact, in real life you can clearly see the new boards 'over' the original building. What's worse, the jelly bean facade looks terrible - however, I'm hoping they do some more work to improve the look of that. Such a shame considering the work Dreamworld has been doing to restore its original charm on Main Street.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
3 minutes ago, MickeyD said:

Oh no maybe the contract fell through?

Yeah, because that's the most likely reason, you know? I mean it's not like there might have been other delays, or even that the announcement wasn't supposed to be made at that point. It's more likely that their contract fell through after all this time. 

@MickeyD I doubt that would be the case. They have been advertising the store for months now, including inside the park where they already have printed signage in windows for the store. So the contract has already been in place for a while. 

I dare just say that the opening date is being changed from what they were advertising earlier today. Hopefully they will update soon to let us know 👍

Edited by Theme Park Girl
Tagging original poster, was on phone and others have since responded 😜

Just a minor update, I messaged Dreamworld earlier to ask them what's happening with it. It's marked as read, but they haven't responded. Which is unusual for them, as generally they get back straight away. 

So yeah, no idea what's happening with it still and hopefully they do let us know soon. Kinda got excited over the opening date being announced, I love Jelly Belly jellybeans! 

So I managed another sneak peek today inside the Patisserie & Grill, but a somewhat awkward one 😂 Went to peer through the outside windows, only for the automatic doors to open and reveal three guys working on a (themed) brick wall inside the entrance, who all looked over at me. I sheepishly said hello and commented on what a great job they were doing, before promptly departing 😂😮

But yeah, as I was obviously unable to get photos this time round, I can at least say that it's really coming along great in there! They have completed more of the serving counter, and are currently finishing off the walls of the kitchen behind it, as well as working on the theming.

I'll try to get one or two next visit around when it's not so occupied lol 🤔 

Unfortunately blue dividers have gone up along the windows between the new section and inside the Emporium, so it can no longer be seen from there :(

• 2 weeks later...

Today's update (please excuse the window glare!) more wall theming and also signage going up:

20170420_130544.thumb.jpg.9b950a4fbfb554c700bf0f4949e91a22.jpg

20170420_125944.thumb.jpg.93476651e3f3d64068033c24881efd23.jpg

Also seems to be something happening out here, perhaps a seated terrace area for people to eat outside? 

20170411_124141.thumb.jpg.712e5d174bb84c428f26d32acf1e571a.jpg

Not sure if it's still opening this month or not. Haven't heard otherwise, but also doesn't look like it will be finished within the next week or two 😮

What do you guys think?