New Dreamworld Patisserie & Grill "coming soon"

Theme Park Girl

I'm a little skeptical over whether it's still opening tomorrow, it's very odd to make that there hasn't been any advertising whatsoever on their FB page or website about it? With every other new outlet they've advertised it a week or so prior at least. 

I also asked them via social media two days ago, they said they'd ask the right dept and get back to me. Two days and still no response :(

Oh wow.  It looks amazing and definitely made good use of the space from the looks of things, thanks for the photos magician!  I'm planning on visiting DW tomorrow (who wouldn't for 501st Legion??) and hope it is fully open for pastries.... *drools*

Sorry, long time browser, first time poster, I'll do the obligatory hello in the proper post.

Inside looks acceptable, a cafe but nothing special. I don't want to put the park down so it's not a criticism, but it isn't a highly themed experience.

What I really dislike is that shade mesh screen on front of the toilet block and a mish mash of facades, I mean lego modern panelling building, green shade mesh with Besser blocks easily seen behind, followed by the old barnhouse facade, it's rather messy. 

1 hour ago, joz said:

Atmosphere looks good?  Really?  Just looks like big empty plain space with a small number of tables to me.  Still looking forward to checking it out, particularly if they are selling beer.

Looks to be a bit of greenery inside, the tables look a little less boring than the standard tables you get in a shopping centre food court, and the brick looks real enough (take note Movie World). The lighting could be improved, although I might just be having trouble distinguishing between the lighting in The Parkway and reflections from the Lego Store.

36 minutes ago, themagician said:

Dreamworld’s all-day dining experience offers a range of freshly-made breakfast and lunchtime favourites. Parkway Patisserie and Grill is open from tomorrow, 27 May, 9am to 6pm daily and can be accessed without a Dreamworld ticket

I wonder though how many people will actually utilise this place from outside the park?

Possibly people passing through that either don't wish to use the service station or delve in to Coomera and surroundings? (I know the roadhouse cafe is there but its a little further out) 

With the right amount of advertising this could be a success!

How does it sound in there? Looking at it the extensive use of only hard surfaces make it seem like it's going to sound like a horrid cafeteria.

Would have liked to have seen a lot more warmth in the space.

What the Aussie parks currently have with this fascination with 'ultra modern corporate' design style really leaves me baffled.

@djrappa I took my daughter for her first babyccino at lunch.  Buying Lego and grabbing a coffee without having to go into DW is a winner.  You are right.  My complaint would be it's very, very noisy when it's busy.  I don't know if the aircon is still getting sorted but is was also very warm.

2 hours ago, Brad2912 said:

So why can I only buy Pancakes between 9-11?

what if I want afternoon pancakes?

I missed out on them. :angry:

It's a bit hard to tell, but looking at the photos, it seats around 128 people?

Given that the park will have what, 3500 people on a normal day?

That's 3.66% of guests that can be seated at any one time in that area, and a whole lot of empty space. Seems like they just want people to buy takeaway food and leave.

3 hours ago, Brad2912 said:

So why can I only buy Pancakes between 9-11?

what if I want afternoon pancakes?

I prefer my pancakes at 1 am. Why isn't Dreamworld fulfilling my pancake needs?

But for real, I wonder why they'd only have a menu for two hours. Seems a little strange to me. Looks like I'm going to have to be at the park early to get my fix

Edited by Zanstabar

11 minutes ago, Reanimated35 said:

That's 3.66% of guests that can be seated at any one time in that area, and a whole lot of empty space. Seems like they just want people to buy takeaway food and leave.

Or if 128 people pop in for a coffee and pancakes (before 11??!!??) then they would fit a total 0% of park guests in there 

Checked it out yesterday. It's a pleasant place for a snack or meal in my opinion, but a bit too quiet. Only 1 other table than ours was in use at the time. Don't get me wrong, I don't want it to be packed, but the majority of the tables should be in use really at the time we were there. I can't recall exactly what time it was but it was lunchtime.

Anyway I was anticipating it would be a patisserie and grill for some reason, perhaps because of the signs saying "The Park Patisserie and grill". However it turns out it's just another burger joint that also has a small selection of cakes in the corner (not shown on the menu), and I found out later from this site that they also offer a very odd combination of pancakes with bacon (yes seriously, bacon!), at certain times. That wasn't on the menu either, but we were there outside those times. I wouldn't have wanted pancakes with bacon anyway! Does anyone here know if they also offer pancakes with Maple Syrup?

A nice enough looking cafe, but they really should have put more effort into both the menu and marketing of it. Both can be fixed fairly easily, so here's hoping!

Edited by pushbutton

52 minutes ago, pushbutton said:

I found out later from this site that they also offer a very odd combination of pancakes with bacon (yes seriously, bacon!), at certain times. That wasn't on the menu either, but we were there outside those times. I wouldn't have wanted pancakes with bacon anyway! Does anyone here know if they also offer pancakes with Maple Syrup?

All the pancake options are listed on the menu shot in my post from yesterday.

20170528_154744.thumb.jpg.6e38ee9b18c7a03dc43e9036e9f0f5a2.jpg

Here it is again 😁👍