New Dreamworld Patisserie & Grill "coming soon"

Theme Park Girl

@pushbutton check back a few posts, the pancake menu has been posted. Yes they have regular pancakes with maple syrup. And surprised you've never heard of a Canadian pancake stack (with bacon). Pretty much available anywhere with decent breakfast options and very popular. 

So just popped in for a look. I like it. A lot of empty space as others have mentioned, but I'm all for it. 

Also here is some snaps of the non-pancake/brunch menu..

IMG_4880.JPG

IMG_4881.JPG

Edited by Brad2912

2 hours ago, pushbutton said:

Ok thanks. I might try them next time I'm there, but only might as I fear the pancakes are probably not even freshly made. Still, I'll see!

I believe they are freshly made.

1 hour ago, Theme Park Ninja said:

Open to anyone :) 

Just don't try and get into the park that way, as I found out today. 

Pulled my pass out to try and enter into the retail store and was told "you have to enter through the Lego store". Went to the Lego store, showed pass again and was told "we're not scanning people in through here today, go back outside to guest services to enter the park" 

Edited by Brad2912

5 hours ago, wikiverse said:

Anyone bought some food from here yet?

$14-17 for a burger and fries is pretty hefty pricing.  I wonder if they've tried to improve the quality on the existing burgers etc. in the park.

That's why I usually leave the park and go somewhere else for lunch. Same goes for every park though, not just Dreamworld.

Big money-making opportunity!!! Just charge less and make more!

Having said that, I don't mind paying what the food is actually worth in terms of comparable food outside the parks.

8 hours ago, Brad2912 said:

Pulled my pass out to try and enter into the retail store and was told "you have to enter through the Lego store". Went to the Lego store, showed pass again and was told "we're not scanning people in through here today, go back outside to guest services to enter the park" 

Haha. We've learnt that the wifi signal for their mobile pass scanning devices has been an ongoing issue. A few times now we've had dramas having ours scanned at the Lego store entrance apon arriving, only to be sent to the front gate and manually looked up on the system because they then claim "maximum entries exceeded". It's suspected because of the dodgy wifi signal that passes are being double scanned by accident. 

Wouldn't surprise me if that's why they decided not to bother that day!

12 hours ago, pushbutton said:

Ok thanks. I might try them next time I'm there, but only might as I fear the pancakes are probably not even freshly made. Still, I'll see!

Why would you even begin to think that they aren't fresh?

If they weren't fresh, why would they only be sold at certain times of the day?

Think....

8 hours ago, pushbutton said:

"Grill" to me suggests grilled chicken, steaks, and fish. Not in burgers but on plates with grilled vegetables or salad.

Patisserie suggests a much more prominent and wider range of FRESH pastries, croissants and the like.

A typical 'grill' does have burgers - albeit a small section \ page of the menu, but they also do steaks, chicken etc, and usually options for chips \ potato \ salad \ vegetables etc.

@pushbutton I get where you're coming from, but Grill'd only sell burgers and salads and fries, and Hungry Jacks promote themselves as 'flame grilled'.

I think most of us were expecting something different from the various other food places in the park.

Personally I think Dreamworld should open up the Billabong restaurant to the public.  When they have their 'kids eat free' promotion, it's the best deal in the park.

2 hours ago, wikiverse said:

@pushbutton I get where you're coming from, but Grill'd only sell burgers and salads and fries, and Hungry Jacks promote themselves as 'flame grilled'.

I think most of us were expecting something different from the various other food places in the park.

Personally I think Dreamworld should open up the Billabong restaurant to the public.  When they have their 'kids eat free' promotion, it's the best deal in the park.

Billabong is in the middle of the park. It can't be opened to the public!