Dreamworld 'Pure Imagination' Campaign

themagician

Dreamworld's new advert for their ' Pure Imagination' campaign is out. And I must say, personally I think this is a great advert and campaign and really allows them to show off all aspects of the park in a really nice way.

"Welcome home to Dreamworld; A world created to inspire wonder, where learning has no finish line and where anything is possible when powered by dreams and imagination."

Edited by themagician

I'll also add that the logo has been updated again and has removed the 'star' effect from behind it

New

IMG_6756.thumb.JPG.99d74868d2b09dc50b757c939b14515f.JPG

OldIMG_6757.thumb.JPG.fec989a0e529d212e791d208355d8e16.JPG

I really think that right now DW are stripping everything back and going back to basics and try to get as many people through the gates and bring happiness and allow people to create fun memories. And I definitely think that new ad does that, and I'm really happy for DW right now. They've got a fair way to go, but they are definitely on the right path to doing so.

Edited by themagician

56 minutes ago, ash.1111 said:

Does anyone else sense a strong Disney vibe to this ad? I don't know if it's just me, but it felt like it had a very similar vibe. Which makes sense, seeing as they're both theme parks etc. But just really struck a cord with me on that.

I definitely got that feeling too (BTW for some reason Disneyland has really been advertising in Perth in the last six months).  Does anyone know if Slick has been busy west of the motorway?

1 hour ago, Jordan M. said:

I think the description DW gave for this video really explains what it is all about right now

"In a connection created with heart, soul and nostalgic passion, we’ve reimagined everything Dreamworld has always been; A place of genuine experiences, forever memories and a giddy, giggling mix of escapism and home."

It really is all about reimagining everything we've known to love about DW. It's about brining happiness to everyone, not just thrill seekers, or small kids, everyone as a whole. And with what happened last year, this is the perfect time for this type of campaign. Get people excited about the park and really show what they have to offer.

Edited by themagician

Alright someone has to say it:

Maybe after people drowned, probably an idea to not start your come back ad with the phrase 'Hold your breath'.  

I don't hate the idea, I get what they're going for, they want something nice and safe and uplifting.  I also like the new logo - never really been a fan of Dreamworld's modern logo, so that's all well and good, but using a song from a Warner Brother's movie that's being way over sung which starts with that line, yeah it's a big no from me.

This is a genuinely good ad Dreamworld has made, it is so much better than whatever "Dreamworld Happiness" crap they were doing before. Reminds me of some ads Six Flags were doing in the early 00's.

Except for one thing: The first few words "Hold your breath.". I can't believe this was able to get past PR, considering how the TRRR accident that this park is still moving on from, is still fresh on people's minds to this day. Understandably, they wanted to go with something iconic and simple, but leaving those few words was a huge mistake and could give DW bad publicity if the press exploit it.

It shouldn't belong on any DW ad, let alone your comeback ad after you've just experienced an accident that has made headlines around the world and here at home.

Looks like quite a good ad overall and certainly better than the "Happiness" one, but I agree completely about the poor choice of words at the start.

Given the song is from a Warner Brothers movie, I think it would be a great ad for Movie World (with Movie World rides shown obviously).

Perhaps the Dreamworld marketing agency were thinking of the wrong park, or maybe they were just lacking pure imagination!

I do much prefer the logo without the spikes. Always found those very unsuitable, as were the vicious wolves either side of the Whitewater World logo.

The opening line is simply part of THAT song. A song that conjours wonderful childhood memories for largely it's target Audience - Adults with Children and their families of which DW has played a big role in happy memories for decades.

I really don't have a problem with it at all. DW have gone above and beyond in dealing with the horrors of last year and the fact that as Theme Park Enthusiasts maybe some of us are reading a little too much into this one by criticising a line in a song that was written a decade before DW arrived.

Personally I think this is the best TV Commercial for an Australian Theme Park ever produced. It is highly reminiscent of the great old jingle days: 'One Day Holiday', 'Oceans of Fun', 'I've been to Movieworld' etc.. Cudos to DW for bringing back the jingle, allowing music and imagery take Centre stage. I cannot say the same VTP's Ads that have never looked more tackie with all the price tags and deals.

Are VTP'S in the business of selling Cars or selling Happiness?

TBH...  I personally didn't like it at all...  And I can't really put my finger on why...

Was it because the song is from a WB movie?  Was it because it sounded weird not being sung by Gene Wilder?  Was it because the singing style didn't match the idea of the song?  Was it because it felt like the ad was showing as much as possible so the visual felt busy while the song and lyrics are trying to convey relaxing and "dreaming"?

Don't get me wrong I really wanted to like the ad...  And from the comments above from everyone else I do feel bad and somewhat confused as to why I didn't like it...

In saying that though...  I don't need a TVC to sell the idea of going to DW...  I just need the money to be able to afford to as the family have been wanting to go back for months now...

Edited by MaxxTheMonster

I don't think in any way DW would've thought that those lyrics refer to the incident, and I'm sure they wouldn't have published the advert if they had any doubts about it. And do we know that the victims did drown, or was it the weight of the boats/the mechanical elements that caused there deaths?

I know people can have their own opinions, and some may take offence by that lyric, but I personally don't.

Edited by themagician

@themagician both happened.

As for the "hold your breath" lyrics, I'm okay with them. It's been almost six months since the accident, and we have to move on. It's harder for families and friends of the victims (and many staff), but the general population will not make the connection at all.

Rewatching the ad, it's good to see there's a realistic display of ethnic diversity. Something the parks have been pretty good at of late.

The thing about that line is it doesn't offend me, in fact very little does.  I'm more thinking in terms of avoiding one of those manufactured controversies that play out in the media occasionally.  You know the ones where like one person complains and they'll jump in with an article saying 'Insensitive ad causes offence - what do you think?'

I think overall with the ad I'm with @MaxxTheMonster, I don't really mind what they're going for, it just doesn't quite work for me.