Dreamworld 'Pure Imagination' Campaign

themagician

3 hours ago, Santa07 said:

Great, another thing that makes ToT's theme even more ambiguous! So it's a space mission now?????

The video is titled 'For all astronauts in training. So I don't think in any way that they are saying the ride is themed to being in space, but it is more about the experience and the forces and speeds that you face, like astronauts face in training. 

4 hours ago, themagician said:

Billboards have been updated 

IMG_6963.thumb.JPG.95798bde5ac42f44a4ed83749064eed9.JPG

Think they look great, love the overall style and message. 

Not sure on this one though. Have to say on first glance I thought I was looking at the log ride with a crocodile. Obviously it's not, but I probably wouldn't be projecting any message that invokes feelings or portrays danger in the water. 

The billboard/poster would have worked just as well had it been tiger related, maybe a picture from the tiger feeding or photos 

Edited by Brad2912

8 hours ago, Brad2912 said:

Think they look great, love the overall style and message. 

Not sure on this one though. Have to say on first glance I thought I was looking at the log ride with a crocodile. Obviously it's not, but I probably wouldn't be projecting any message that invokes feelings or portrays danger in the water. 

The billboard/poster would have worked just as well had it been tiger related, maybe a picture from the tiger feeding or photos 

I disagree - and i mean no offense Brad but i'm taking those comments the same way I took those who felt the start of the new pure imagination ad should have been avoided.

They can't tip toe around anything that remotely resembles the TRRR incident. If we're going to be that pussy-footed around water - why don't we just close WWW right now? #emptythetanks

The park has recovered, and is moving forward. if they were seen to shy away from anything that remotely resembled TRRR - they'd be criticised for that too. Now - nobody is suggesting they build another rapids ride, and that indeed would be in poor taste - but the specific billboard you've focussed on - gives me no feelings of danger - the people are safe in a boat, and the croc is showing no interest in them whatsoever.

If the image was of the croc stalking after the people in the boat - sure - but there is nothing wrong with that billboard.

(also - i'm pretty sure they do have tiger island billboards also - but you can only fit so many out front).

All cool @AlexB

i largely agree with what you are saying, and was fairly strong on my approval of the use of the song with the opening line having no linkage. 

I guess my issue here (issue is probably a strong word, hesitation would be a better one if I was approving these images as a marketing manager) is that croc/boat imagine isn't one that is depicting something that occurs in park, so is if needed? Is there not another image we could create that could portray or represent the same message that would have any possible negative connotations or linkages? Maybe not. I'm probably being over-critical, but I'd just be erring on the side of safe if I was in DW's position 

Totally off topic but does anybody else think this screams Jungle Cruise.

Jungle Cruise like ride for the current swamp.  If DW was to do this for real,  I would support it.

15 hours ago, themagician said:

IMG_6963.thumb.JPG.95798bde5ac42f44a4ed83749064eed9.JPG

So, my post isn't totally irrelevant.

You both make good points.

Edited by YLFATEEKS

19 minutes ago, YLFATEEKS said:

Totally off topic but does anybody else think this screams Jungle Cruise.

Jungle Cruise like ride for the current swamp.  If DW was to do this for real,  I would support it.

So, my post isn't totally irrelevant.

You both make good points.

Yeah I agree. Saw that sign and got my hopes up. Disappointed they don't have anything similar to what that billboard is advertising. 

46 minutes ago, Brad2912 said:

I guess my issue here (issue is probably a strong word, hesitation would be a better one if I was approving these images as a marketing manager) is that croc/boat imagine isn't one that is depicting something that occurs in park, so is if needed? Is there not another image we could create that could portray or represent the same message that would have any possible negative connotations or linkages? Maybe not. I'm probably being over-critical, but I'd just be erring on the side of safe if I was in DW's position 

Well... they do croc feeding and you can see it up close - so that much works - for the rest - it's pure imagination. ;)

42 minutes ago, YLFATEEKS said:

Now I am really going to get in trouble for taking this topic so far westward but don't you think @reanimated35 this would be a great replacement for the rapid ride?

Hopefully it's DW dropping a hint.

Yes, but not in the area of the rapids ride. It would be great to see the 'river' used again now there's no more paddle steamer. 

Dont we have a topic for that already though?

11 hours ago, Slick said:

What's everyone's thoughts on the super-liberal use of Photoshop? For me i'm totally sweet with a bit of visual loving, even the tentacles I think are pretty cool, but moving and scaling backgrounds are a bit much.

Totally agree - the tentacles actually look amazing, but what is the Supertubes Hydrocoaster doing there?