VRTP Community Month

*At time of posting, this is currently only advertised for WnW Sydney*

https://wetnwildsydney.com.au/whats-on/community-month#/

March Community Month

We are celebrating our community heroes this March and extending FREE admission to members of the Australian Emergency Services, Doctors, Nurses and Carers, Defence Force Personnel, Teachers and Educational Staff. Plus, we’re offering up to $50.00 saving per ticket for 3 friends and family during Community Month.

And this year you don’t have to come on a specific weekend. All community groups are welcome throughout our March operating days!

Want to enjoy the park for an extra day? Community Heroes and their friends and family can upgrade their one day ticket for only $15.00 either online before visiting the park or by upgrading your ticket on the day at the Box Office**.

*Please note: You must provide valid industry Photo ID and/or proof of employment to claim free entry and discount at the Box Office.

**Friends and Family can only receive discounted entry prices of $29 if they are present with one of our listed Community Heroes groups with a valid industry photo ID and/or proof of employment. *FREE entry will only be granted to Community Heroes with a valid industry photo ID and/or proof of employment.

Seems pretty much the standard annual thing from what I remember, this time they're opening it up for the whole month rather than just the weekend. It'd be fairly safe to assume the Gold Coast parks would be announcing their deals pretty soon. 

2 hours ago, Santa07 said:

Yeah, I don't have a staff ID card because I'm only a casual employee, so it obviously wouldn't work. I think I can apply for a staff ID card, but it's sorta complicated since I already have a student ID. I was just wondering how lenient they are with the "educational staff" term.

since it gives you free admission, and since it gives 3 other people really REALLY cheap admission, i'd say they'd be pretty set on 'you need to prove you are eligible'

1 hour ago, reanimated35 said:

Shouldn't you have a pass already @Santa07. I mean, you are on Parkz after all. 

I'm on Parkz, and I don't have a Dreamworld pass... what are you trying to say? Not everyone can afford a pass, or both passes every year - some rotate from one to the other to change it up...

43 minutes ago, AlexB said:

since it gives you free admission, and since it gives 3 other people really REALLY cheap admission, i'd say they'd be pretty set on 'you need to prove you are eligible'

I'm on Parkz, and I don't have a Dreamworld pass... what are you trying to say? Not everyone can afford a pass, or both passes every year - some rotate from one to the other to change it up...

I vote to have you downgraded to "Park Crew" with your "Z" status removed. (DW & WWW are the same)

Shut up Smurf.

See the thing is - whilst I only have a pass for one, I can choose, independently of spouse, partner, mistress or friend to go to a park whenever I choose. I could literally get in my car right now if I desired, and be at MW in a shave over half an hour.

This of course does mean I have rego and insurance to pay - but it gives me independence - and if that makes me a peasant - then i'd rather be a peasant than a smurf.

3 minutes ago, AlexB said:

Shut up Smurf.

See the thing is - whilst I only have a pass for one, I can choose, independently of spouse, partner, mistress or friend to go to a park whenever I choose. I could literally get in my car right now if I desired, and be at MW in a shave over half an hour.

This of course does mean I have rego and insurance to pay - but it gives me independence - and if that makes me a peasant - then i'd rather be a peasant than a smurf.

At least my re-theme happened faster than Scooby. 

I guess the main benefit (apart from the obvious) with these community tickets is the bring a friend for cheap kind of deal. It's probably one of the few times a day ticket could be more economical than an annual pass. 

^lol. yeah but it took two attempts to get it right. i'd rather VRTP take their time and get it right the first time... Plus yours is cosmetic, with no safety changes (except a warning not to get too close). If Scooby were that easy, they'd have been able to do it with a spray gun.

But you're right - for those few occasions where a family decides to go - perhaps that once a year thing is all they can afford - being able to take the grandparents \ kids along (who wouldn't ordinarily go without that worker) too makes for a great day out.

• 1 month later...

Community Month is returning this May.

FREE admission to members of the Australian Emergency Services, Doctors, Nurses and Carers, Defence Force Personnel, Teachers and Educational Staff. Plus, offering up to $60.00 saving per ticket for 3 friends and family during Community Month for $29.99

And this year you don’t have to come during a specific week. All community groups are welcome throughout May 2017 to Warner Bros. Movie World, Sea World, Wet’n’Wild Gold Coast and Australian Outback Spectacular.

On 20/04/2017 at 11:14 PM, themagician said:

Community Month is returning this May.

FREE admission to members of the Australian Emergency Services, Doctors, Nurses and Carers, Defence Force Personnel, Teachers and Educational Staff. Plus, offering up to $60.00 saving per ticket for 3 friends and family during Community Month for $29.99

And this year you don’t have to come during a specific week. All community groups are welcome throughout May 2017 to Warner Bros. Movie World, Sea World, Wet’n’Wild Gold Coast and Australian Outback Spectacular.

One of my favourite things VRTP do every year. I have family who are in the Air Force, and this gets a lot of respect and praise fro them.

• 2 weeks later...

One thing I feel like they should include on the website, is a more specific list of what qualifies for this deal or not. The categories provided aren't specific, and within those there are a lots of other jobs. Plenty of people are asking on each of the parks pages about if their job clarifies, and even my page has had a few messages if something clarifies.