Dreamworld Operational Stoppage - with a twist

webslave

So, it was always going to happen that a ride at Dreamworld was going encounter a run-of-the-mill stoppage and have the media pick it up:

http://www.theage.com.au/queensland/reports-buzzsaw-ride-at-dreamworld-stuck-with-passengers-onboard-20170306-gurndt.html

But, for me the key difference here is I see no mention of TRR, or even Buzzsaw's identified safety issues from the audit.  Oversight by the journo, do you think?  I was all geared up for the shot-game for the inevitable "this comes just weeks after an incident on the Thunder River Rapids ride where..".

I'm just on my way home from Dreamworld now. Buzzsaw was closed for quite awhile but my friend and I were on it as soon as it reopened. I didn't even know something was going on until we saw the channel 9 news truck while on the ride. 

There were at least 3 other cars with filming equipment parked at the front and a guy stopped us and asked if we were on the ride when it got stuck - or if we even had photos or videos of it while stopped. The vultures are out to swoop down on Dreamworld again. :angry:

26 minutes ago, Aimsley81 said:

I'm just on my way home from Dreamworld now. Buzzsaw was closed for quite awhile but my friend and I were on it as soon as it reopened. I didn't even know something was going on until we saw the channel 9 news truck while on the ride. 

There were at least 3 other cars with filming equipment parked at the front and a guy stopped us and asked if we were on the ride when it got stuck - or if we even had photos or videos of it while stopped. The vultures are out to swoop down on Dreamworld again. :angry:

Answer "yes, I believe it was a failure of the flux capacitor" or similar and see if it gets printed. 

I just think the vast majority of people don't get scared about getting stuck on a ride, unless it's upside down or something. I doubt it would stop anyone from riding. And the responses from the park's PR people are getting much better - really explaining the technical issues relating to things such as sensors and fail-safe mechanisms. They're definitely getting that spiel down pat (and of course it's all true - not spin).

From a few years back...

"In what turned out to be a rather disheartening social experiment, the Russian news site City Reporter only reported good news to its readers for an entire day.

The site brought positive news stories to the front of its pages and found any and all silver linings in negative stories (“No disruption on the roads despite snow,” for example). The result was a smorgasbord of sunshine, lollipops, and rainbows—that absolutely no one wanted to read. The City Reporter lost two-thirds of its normal readership that day, according to a post by one of the editors on Facebook."

And...

"The researchers present their experiment as solid evidence of a so called "negativity bias", psychologists' term for our collective hunger to hear, and remember bad news.

It isn't just schadenfreude, the theory goes, but that we've evolved to react quickly to potential threats. Bad news could be a signal that we need to change what we're doing to avoid danger.

There's another interpretation that Trussler and Soroka put on their evidence: we pay attention to bad news, because on the whole, we think the world is rosier than it actually is. When it comes to our own lives, most of us believe we're better than average, and that, like the clichés, we expect things to be all right in the end. This pleasant view of the world makes bad news all the more surprising and salient. It is only against a light background that the dark spots are highlighted."

So even though a lot of the GP point out the BS reporting on the parkz as of late...  They thrive on it because it makes their lives feel better...  So the media is purely using the GP's ingrained needs and desires against them to make money even when they consciously dislike things like this...

My favourite headline was "Future Of Dreamworld in doubt" and "Is it time to close Dreamworld for good?". I was watching the Today show this morning and they were doing like a interview or something with this person (Probably knows nothing about Theme Parks). She said that Dreamworld's response wasn't enough. She was talking like there was something wrong with the BuzzSaw. What can you expect though.

Time it's the exact same with all our Themeparks... Anything can Happend at Anytime.

It's not all just a Dreamworld for example, one I was on Wild West Dallas and the chain on the first Lift hill came off! And I have been stuck on supermans launch, and Scooby elecator.