Dreamworld Log Ride reopening 2017

Reanimated35

IMO I don't think we will be expecting the ride to reopen until the Thunder River Rapids is fully removed from the park, my reason for this is that there maybe a chance where average Joe Public may (not saying everyone will..) mistake it for the River Rapids and I'm pretty DW doesn't want that to happen so that's why I think that's why we haven't see it open yet.

Had another look today, evidence seems to still suggest no recent activity. Troughs are bone dry and full of leaves. Boats still banked up before the final hill climb. Water pumps are still off. 

Not sure where this rumour came from that they have been testing it out lately, it it's clearly not the case - at least not since we had all the ex TC Debbie weather, as there seemed to be a little more happening before then (as per my original post) but yeah, has gone quiet again now 😕

20170420_120828.thumb.jpg.8b231b2b1eb301b205c2a2394810706b.jpg

20170420_120849.thumb.jpg.e40daf1cd098ff379d7fe5e02a30f502.jpg

20170420_123253.thumb.jpg.38ce315c4ea2d70616751c486a40f725.jpg

20170420_120914.thumb.jpg.ee30ff70642f420722c2562a0c4e873e.jpg

20170420_120721.thumb.jpg.02c275aacd532cf21a5581d348238c2e.jpg

@Theme Park Ninja you may very well have a point there. Part of me also wonders if maybe it's also related to that lawsuit by the guy who *cough* *cough* "fell out" of the ride. Pretty sure I read somewhere that he was going to push his case more following the TRR incident, so perhaps that whole debacle needs to be settled as well first 😑

This is absolutely totally speculation here,  but if I were in charge of the park (and indeed being very cautious, mindful & respectful to those affected by the accident) I wouldn't be re-opening a water ride with belts & channels of water (regardless of how dissimilar the ride type or ride vehicle is) until the River Rapids ride was cleared away from the property completely, or until an appropriate time has amassed anyway.

4 hours ago, Slick said:

This is absolutely totally speculation here,  but if I were in charge of the park (and indeed being very cautious, mindful & respectful to those affected by the accident) I wouldn't be re-opening a water ride with belts & channels of water (regardless of how dissimilar the ride type or ride vehicle is) until the River Rapids ride was cleared away from the property completely, or until an appropriate time has amassed anyway.

Considering the local bogan supply seems to still not be over the death of Ned Kelley a good 136 years ago, i'd say we've got a while.

Stupid timing if true 

if you're going to relaunch it, do it as we are coming into the warmer months. September school holidays maybe (so there is some attraction for people to come to the park when MW opens the hyper and everyone heads there). 

It may not get 'cold' cold on the GC in winter, but it still gets to the "I don't wanna be walking around dripping wet in this cool brisk breeze" cold. 

Edited by Brad2912

Very much doubt this is true, and wouldn't expect an announcement to be made like this. They probably will just reopen it, and not make a major fuss about it, incase its some backlash (which I really hope it wouldn't), because of the incident. I think right now they are focusing on more important aspects of the park, like finishing the construction and continuing to getting people back in the park. I think once the Parkway and Tiger Island stage 2 is complete, then they will focus on the other elements, such as removal of TRR, reopening of the log ride (And they have confirmed it will be reopening, so we don't have to worry about it not) and a memorial (If the families wish for there to be one).

1 minute ago, wileecoyote said:

HAHA! That's hilarious. Look at his private account and you will see that he is clearly not a manager, maybe this source isn't as reliable as I was hoping

9 hours ago, Theme Park Ninja said:

IMG_9882.thumb.PNG.0bd481ae6c238148f551fff0b33a1800.PNG

You thought someone who makes posts like that and piggybacks off a similar name to two other sites/pages was really going to be a credible source of information? 

Someone has DW on FB:

What's the go with the log ride guys? I understand you're doing lengthy safety audits on the rides, but the log ride is one of your major attractions for families. I'd suggest to get it back up and running.

Also your mountain mine train ride has been closed for a very long time. Due to the closure of the rapids ride, when is a revamp due to begin?

DW replied: 

The Log Ride will be back. We don't have a date to put out there yet as it is part of the overall major plan which includes everyone of your questions. Information and dates will be released as soon as we can. Watch this space.

20 minutes ago, themagician said:

Someone has DW on FB:

What's the go with the log ride guys? I understand you're doing lengthy safety audits on the rides, but the log ride is one of your major attractions for families. I'd suggest to get it back up and running.

Also your mountain mine train ride has been closed for a very long time. Due to the closure of the rapids ride, when is a revamp due to begin?

DW replied: 

The Log Ride will be back. We don't have a date to put out there yet as it is part of the overall major plan which includes everyone of your questions. Information and dates will be released as soon as we can. Watch this space.

Great news!! Will ask dw now if the ride will be open in august as I'm going going on a "family holiday to the Gold Coast" (bare in mind I'm a 13 year old so the family holiday theorem should be believeable on the part of dw) will reply on end messaged back