Dreamworld Log Ride reopening 2017

Reanimated35

September would be a good time to reopen, with it being school holidays, so that would be a time to promote its reopening, and maybe even the mine ride, and vintage cars. And the seat belts seem like a smart choice for them to make, so maybe we will see new boats for them, or they'll attach them to the original ones

I guess it's possible.

i put the car movements down to DW trolling us and other online/social media outlets, knowing giving it a push a metre here or there would spark conversation about the park

im still not 100% sure re-opening a derelict 10 year SBNO attraction achieves much positivity or goodwill for a business still trying to re-establish its image in the publics eye as being safe. 

It really seems like Dreamworld did have a plan to start fixing the park up and reviving things such as Eureka and not long after that plan began, the TRRR incident happened and it put everything on hold and pushed back their plans massively. I'm hoping they are picking up where they left off with their original 2015/16 Gold Rush plans.

Well, picking up where they left off in terms of bringing Eureka back in some form as well as giving the Gold Rush area some love. Yes, having to remove TRRR did put a big hole in the plan but most of the plan would have probably been about the area surrounding the ride itself. Being as it was one of the couple rides still operational in that area :(

Having the centrepiece removed would probably put more focus on getting the surrounding rides sorted to offer something in that area. I was speaking with Dreamworld Social Media on Facebook and they mentioned that there are some works already taking place in the Gold Rush area.  

From memory Eureka had barely any difference to a standard mouse layout.

If you wanted to bring it back, would you not just procure a mouse? (Could even be ex carnival since it would be hidden)  then just put a box around it...You could even cheap out a bit by having a greater portion of the facade as corrugated iron 'mine buildings' in lieu of rock work.

A couple of Animatronic scenes in prefab "boxes" on the switchback section and you're done.

Granted, the coaster you got would still be a dumbed down version of Scooby, but the original was too anyway, so IDK....The above would really just be the quickest and cheapest way to get back what was there.

Ideally any revamp would be more ambitious, and could even have a longer outdoor section where the rapids reservoir is.

• 2 weeks later...