Tower of Terror 2 - Slow Launch

Aimsley81

Plus if they get rid of TOT2 would they remove the track leaving the tower for the giant drop or just take both down. Being their flagship attraction I think we will see them stay for as long as possible. Now MW has a Hyper coaster I think DW will want to keep this even more as this is taller and possibly faster.

31 minutes ago, Santa07 said:

If a system upgrade is necessary, I'd like them to do the following:

• Allow the ride to run at full speed
  • If possible (space and budget-wise), add a second car and a rotating station (similar to pulsar at Walibi) to effectively double capacity (of course some station reconfiguration would be required, and the building may have to be modified to allow the space for this). This probably isn't that realistic and would require a major revamp of the entire system, but increased capacity would work wonders for the ride.
  • Reconfigure the queue, possibly update some of the theming (give the ride a proper storyline!), even add a third single rider queue if possible

I do like the idea - transfer tracks allowing two stations with one launch. I hear Pin's point about one more thing to go wrong (and he's probably right there) but the other thing giving me pause is that I seem to recall that there needs to be a certain amount of time between launches to allow things to cool down, doesn't there? So running twice the trains on the same track, whilst improving efficiency, probably isn't possible.

1 hour ago, Santa07 said:

If a system upgrade is necessary, I'd like them to do the following:

• Allow the ride to run at full speed
  • If possible (space and budget-wise), add a second car and a rotating station (similar to pulsar at Walibi) to effectively double capacity (of course some station reconfiguration would be required, and the building may have to be modified to allow the space for this). This probably isn't that realistic and would require a major revamp of the entire system, but increased capacity would work wonders for the ride.
  • Reconfigure the queue, possibly update some of the theming (give the ride a proper storyline!), even add a third single rider queue if possible

I really like these ideas. I think they'd work well. 

I'd like the ride to go right over the top of the tower and continue down the other side then circuit through/around the old river and back into the station like an air powered coaster. It'll never happen because it would cost 10's of millions to do and the launch speed would have to be at least 200km/h.

1 hour ago, Cactus_Matt said:

I'd like the ride to go right over the top of the tower and continue down the other side then circuit through/around the old river and back into the station like an air powered coaster. It'll never happen because it would cost 10's of millions to do and the launch speed would have to be at least 200km/h.

Nice imagination, although why spend so much money on revamping the ride like this when you can just build a new coaster?

• 1 month later...
2 minutes ago, Redboost said:

I was watching some themeparks videos on YouTube when I noticed that the TOT2 supposedly hangs at its peak height for a few seconds before being released - when did they stop doing this as I've never been on the ride when this happened. Here's a link to the video:

https://youtu.be/iOAaZVYVgRc

Physics and video editing for dramatic effect.

1 hour ago, joz said:

See first post I thought was a joke, now I think you may need professional help.  Giant Drop did have brakes at the top on the Eastern side, which is totally not something you remembered wrong.  Any more talk about tot pausing at the top will be deleted.

Well........it still does have brakes at the top on the east side, it's just that they're not powered at the moment, meaning they could be turned on at anytime.

12 minutes ago, Twilight Zone said:

Well........it still does have brakes at the top on the east side, it's just that they're not powered at the moment, meaning they could be turned on at anytime.

I don't know where you got this from, but seeing they were plain magnetic brakes (and required no electricity to power), they can't just be turned on or off. Pretty certain they were removed.

12 minutes ago, Santa07 said:

but seeing they were plain magnetic brakes (and required no electricity to power), they can't just be turned on or off.

Pardon the rudeness, They are clearly visible if you are at the right angle or height, and if you are on the ride you can actually see them.....I recommend sitting on the end rows ( You can see them heaps clearer that way).

Edited by Twilight Zone

11 hours ago, Redboost said:

I was watching some themeparks videos on YouTube when I noticed that the TOT2 supposedly hangs at its peak height for a few seconds before being released - when did they stop doing this as I've never been on the ride when this happened. Here's a link to the video:

https://youtu.be/iOAaZVYVgRc

I remember that morning and amazing to think how long ago it was filmed. Compared to that day think it is safe to say all launches on ToT are "slow launches".