Richard

competition
Parkz Competition: Design the Movie World hypercoaster!

36 posts in this topic

Ah damn, I've already made a layout in NL2 but I have the station in the wrong place and the track going the wrong way around

Keep in mind that I've just made what I would make if I was given a similar space to make a Mack hyper. I don't think the real coaster will end up being like this, there are loads of footings that suggest elements which I have completely left out.

I made my original coaster in NL2 by getting a top-down photo and projecting it on the ground in NL2 to scale. 

58ce2cba419cf_mackhypernL2.thumb.png.f5e309443c177160dca0f3ddd354e3f3.png

I did break the rules slightly by going out of the cleared dirt area and into the green area a bit, just to suit my fantasies. In the video, you'll see my coaster has a MCBR and runs 3 trains. You'll also see my coaster deviates slightly into the green area where there are trees irl. I also have a really ugly curve along the ground after the first airtime hill leading into the second which I'd love to fix but it's too much effort at this point. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ek05JZ3l37k

I understand this competition is judged on an image only, so I've revised my dream layout a little bit for the purpose of this competition. Instead of a low to the ground curve I have simply implied that the coaster goes over a second hill which is slightly curved for the duration, and then the third hill is the one with the curved drop. There is no MCBR, and my station has moved slightly. I've also fit it all into the cleared dirt area.

58ce2e81a8b9c_MWcoasterhighresannotated.thumb.jpg.60792ec43a831f32d4b5b2dcb490066b.jpg

Just to explain, the fury 325 turnaround is the one with the upwards spiral into a 90deg sideways airtime moment, it's a pretty special element on what many claim to be the best coaster in the world.

58ce326507975_fury325turnaround.thumb.jpg.793dada494246e8aac9b9088b1177dab.jpg

Allegro Crab, just to clarify, the competition is about guessing what you think the layout will be and seeing how accurate your guess is (Sort of like "pin the tail on the donkey") not a design your dream hyper competition.

By all means, you can submit your "real" guess alongside your dream layout though.

With track showing up today, it's probably a good time to dust of the old MS Paint and enter the competition because vertical construction will likely be underway fairly soon. Remember we'll close entries once construction begins.

We'll also throw a few consolation prizes out there for "most creative", "most spectacularly wrong" etc. for anyone that wants to take a crack but thinks they won't have a shot at the grand prize. 

On 19/03/2017 at 4:38 PM, Santa07 said:

#first

In before someone steals my ideas. Things will possibly change if I think about it more.

SWMbvuH.jpg

I came up with a really similar idea, but you bet me. Haha

On 19/03/2017 at 3:38 PM, Santa07 said:

#first

In before someone steals my ideas. Things will possibly change if I think about it more.

SWMbvuH.jpg

I'm with this one in general, except there are footers to the right of the two loops (vertical and horizontal), including one that is outside the fence, that are unused. 

Not gunna lie, with all the work you put in (i did half the same stuff so only took an hour or so) it would be funny if you got the Close But No Cigar award.

Had another go at this based on the footings that I can see. I added some black lines to show which track passes over which. Also, in places where supports might get confusing I drew some red supports to the relevant footings.

The middle is such a confuddled mess, it'll be a miracle if anyone guesses it right.

I'm hoping that I'm right about the turnaround in the bottom left, the supports seem to indicate that there is a massive change in elevation from the entry to the exit. Also hope there is more airtime, less helixes/inversions. I won't object to a really floaty zero G roll though.

MW coaster comp entry.jpg

10 hours ago, red dragin said:

I'm with this one in general, except there are footers to the right of the two loops (vertical and horizontal), including one that is outside the fence, that are unused. 

I considered those to be supports for the loops, because I honestly couldn't think of anything that would match that pattern (I'm probably wrong). @MaxxTheMonster's seems a lot more detailed and accurate than mine, although I feel there are a couple too many inversions for what we'll probably get (eg I'd definitely cut out the heartline roll at the end). Although he definitely handled the circular pattern in the middle much better than I did (I think a helix over 360˚ is fairly unlikely).

3 hours ago, AllegroCrab said:

I'm hoping that I'm right about the turnaround in the bottom left, the supports seem to indicate that there is a massive change in elevation from the entry to the exit.

The support pattern there is almost identical to the one on Flash's turnaround. 

1 hour ago, Tim Dasco said:

Also keep in mind there is a footing across the road in the car park and some in the green lantern space.

You'd think that would be most certainly for the drop.

9 hours ago, Santa07 said:

The support pattern there is almost identical to the one on Flash's turnaround. 

yeah you're right, I've got it going the wrong way in mine but the same element, no doubt that's what's there. At least that's one bit sorted.

3 hours ago, Tim Dasco said:

Also keep in mind there is a footing across the road in the car park and some in the green lantern space.

I imagine that they will be for the lift hill 

11 hours ago, Santa07 said:

@MaxxTheMonster's seems a lot more detailed and accurate than mine, although I feel there are a couple too many inversions for what we'll probably get (eg I'd definitely cut out the heartline roll at the end).

Yeah as I said...  Heartline roll is more a wish than anything...  Realistically I think we will see more bunny hop hills in that final section but the heart wants what the heart wants (pun intended) so I had to include it at the risk of being wrong just because...

Posted (edited)

Someone told me about this competition. So here is my layout (it's the same as in my video, you might have watched):

competition.png

Edited by docoaster
adding a discription in the picture

This is my attempt for it. It is very rough, and I didn't bother labelling it, because I don't know a lot of the terms and don't really have a clue based off the footings. I just did it, to try and follow the footing placement as closely as possible. I imagine though that the footings there are outside of the fencing are for much higher points on the track.

Footings.thumb.jpg.14ed8c84214fc98b3d4959a1f961e5f0.jpg

17 hours ago, themagician said:

This is my attempt for it. It is very rough, and I didn't bother labelling it, because I don't know a lot of the terms and don't really have a clue based off the footings. I just did it, to try and follow the footing placement as closely as possible. I imagine though that the footings there are outside of the fencing are for much higher points on the track.

Footings.thumb.jpg.14ed8c84214fc98b3d4959a1f961e5f0.jpg

Like why did you even bother really 

17 minutes ago, jack.c said:

Like why did you even bother really 

Hey dude - a bit of respect would be nice! It might not have been as detailed as some of the others we've seen but he at least gave an attempt...

I wasn't trying to make the best one, but when you are sat at home during the middle of a storm, thought why not. Not wanting to win, just should my version of the track layout.

I was actually being sarcastic, I thought I worded it in a way that y'all would read it that way. Sorry!