102 members have voted

1. 1. Pink track: what's the theme?

• Joker
    • Suicide Squad
    • Wonder Woman
    • Flash
    • Aquaman
    • Other (tell us in a post)

It is definitely very alarming that the ride is yet to be announced, and doesn't appear to be themed to a well known movie character. Pink suggests suicide squad, but 3 super villain rides in the park? 

I reckon Wonder Woman may still have a chance of being the theme, but the track doesn't really represent this, but may still work if the carriage and theming is done well.

@pushbutton and yet they have a villains area, which has the slogan, it's good to be bad.

I doubt SS will be the theme, just doesn't make sense now. WW makes sense if you are thinking that because the track is (what ever colour we want to call it) and that's a feminine colour, and because of that it makes it themed to WW. Doesn't make sense.

Flash, well no, flash is red, not this colour.

But I suppose with no hints (except the track colour, which has turned out to not really help at all), there are too many option to narrow it down.

They just need to starting hinting, something, anything. People on social media, not just enthusiasts, are asking the question too. But they need to make an announcement to get way more people talking about it. Everyone can see the coaster is being built, but people ask a question, MW give a vary vague answer and that's it. People are excited about this, but when they don't know when it's opening (and by this I mean, not just people who saw the sign, but people who live else where or don't visit the park often), what height or speeds it will reach, what's going to make it the greatest attraction in the Southern Hemisphere. We need answers MW. You are digging yourselves a hole, and you won't be able to get out of it if you don't act soon. It might be too late, as a lot of people may have planned holidays already. 

Look, for all of us who (where possible) will be there with bells on in the first days of operation, the botched marketing will be forgotten the minute the harness is locked in and we start to roll. My concern is for the missed opportunity for the market outside of us, and locals who already have VIP passes. Nothing short of a sharp increase in visitation and pass sales will justify the expenditure that has gone into this project, and I don't see VTP as having helped themselves in this scenario 

@pushbutton so is that what you meant from this posts. Did you hear workmen discuss this? Or speculation?
On 24/04/2017 at 8:08 PM, pushbutton said:

I predict an announcement either on 1st May, or within a few days either side of that.

I have no certainty on this, but due to several things I saw at Movie World today, those are my predictions at this stage. Make of it what you will!

Do I wish they would hurry up and make an announcement hell yes...  But if the GP now are wondering, discussions are being made, the coaster is starting to advertise itself with its height and visibility from the highway, people looking or googling for photos have plenty to see here when they land on the page...  Hype is building, and how much have VRTP spent on advertising...  None, nothing, zero, nada...

Having is not so pleasing a thing as wanting...  It is not logical but it is often true...

Knowing what theme this thing is while perhaps a happy thing for a lot of people, would our discussion have reached over 100 pages before track even arrived?  As annoying as it is not knowing, I think we are more interested in it because of that...

Edited by MaxxTheMonster

2 hours ago, MaxxTheMonster said:

Knowing what theme this thing is while perhaps a happy thing for a lot of people, would our discussion have reached over 100 pages before track even arrived?  As annoying as it is not knowing, I think we are more interested in it because of that...

I'd say you could look back through most of the thread and people would have just replaced "I think the theme could be X" with "I think the theme should have been X". 

When the announcement is made, plenty of people will find some crap to waffle on about for another hundred pages.

14 hours ago, Sarm said:

It is definitely very alarming that the ride is yet to be announced, and doesn't appear to be themed to a well known movie character. Pink suggests suicide squad, but 3 super villain rides in the park?

Suicide Squad aren't super villains.  They're the heroes in that comic series and in the Film.

12 hours ago, pushbutton said:

Suicide Squad would be terrible. It's a family-oriented theme park, which is supposed to be about fun!

Lethal Weapon, Dirty Harry Bar, Rics Cafe, Fright Nights featuring Friday the 13th, Wolf Creek, etc.

MW has always had attractions themed more to Adults.  It would be nice if they returned to being WB Movieworld and not DC Comics world.

WB own the franchise rights to MAD MAX, Harry Potter, The Matrix, The Lego Movie, & Lord of the Rings... not to mention TV franchises like Game of Thrones, Westworld, The Vampire Diaries, The 100.  They could re-vamp the entire WWF area to be a Westworld experience.

But, I think the colour of the track means that the ride will be themed to Miss Congeniality.

13 hours ago, pushbutton said:

Suicide Squad would be terrible. It's a family-oriented theme park, which is supposed to be about fun!

Nothing says fun quite like taking your family to an asylum for some shock therapy.

23 minutes ago, wikiverse said:

WB own the franchise rights to MAD MAX, Harry Potter, The Matrix, The Lego Movie, & Lord of the Rings... not to mention TV franchises like Game of Thrones, Westworld, The Vampire Diaries, The 100.  They could re-vamp the entire WWF area to be a Westworld experience.

But, I think the colour of the track means that the ride will be themed to Miss Congeniality.

Oh do try to keep up. You aren't the first to suggest Harry Potter. Its NOT POSSIBLE. Despite WB being the production company responsible for HP, Universal own the rights to all theme park attractions and themed areas. Theme Park licensing is completely separate to film and film merchandise.

23 minutes ago, pushbutton said:

Add a gold train and that's perfect, but who the heck is Sinestro? Is he at least featured in an upcoming or recent movie? Either way, I've never heard of him until now!

You need to read more comics.

Or by the sounds of things, start reading comics.

Also yes, he was in that abomination of a GL movie and I would expect him to make an appearance (if not be the main villain) in the proposed Green Lantern Corps movie.

Interesting the new Warner Bros. is going down the DC Comics route too.

"Slated for a 2018 opening on Yas Island, the 1.65 million-square-foot Warner Bros. World Abu Dhabi will offer 29 as-yet-unannounced attractions across five themed lands, all featuring Warner Bros. animated franchises, including """DC Comics""", Hanna-Barbera, and Looney Tunes."

I believe VR are running DC Comics not because it is cheaper to buy one license off Warner Bros. (but it does help) It’s because that is what everybody is watching and what is making the most money for Warner Bros.

9 minutes ago, xRazzBerryx said:

The only thing is he isn't very well known.

And the reason why he will not be the theme.
Just now, Santa07 said:

You need to read more comics.

Or by the sounds of things, start reading comics.

That's ok if your into comics but MW isn't going to theme a ride around somebody who reads comics.

1 hour ago, Skeeta said:

That's ok if your into comics but MW isn't going to theme a ride around somebody who reads comics.

I would say there's a 90% chance you're right, although you need to remember MW have done non-movie things in the past. Eg. Arkham was themed after a video game, and I don't know if JL was on the cards to become a movie when it opened. The DC supervillains area is full of characters only comic-book readers would know (although that's a very minor case).

2 hours ago, wikiverse said:

VR also own the distribution rights to Mad Max. Match made in heaven.

23 minutes ago, Naazon said:

VR also own the distribution rights to Mad Max. Match made in heaven.

Would have been awesome to have re-themed Hollywood Stunt Driver to MadMax, and launched a new coaster at the same time.  Especially since MadMax : Furiosa is in development now.

I know it isn't going to happen with this ride because WBMW is now DC Comics world, but it is fun to think about.

• Gazza locked this topic
  • Richard unlocked and locked this topic
  • Richard unlocked this topic