102 members have voted

1. 1. Pink track: what's the theme?

• Joker
    • Suicide Squad
    • Wonder Woman
    • Flash
    • Aquaman
    • Other (tell us in a post)

Have just removed a bunch of posts as I think it's been said enough times to keep things in topic. 

Last night I split a bunch of posts off this thread, however that wasn't enough of a hint to keep discussions on topic so today I'm less forgiving and they're just gone. 

Its not hard to start a new thread if you want to take the convo off direction. This isn't TPR. 

I think if Movie World had made an announcement early, something like what Liseberg is doing with their 2018 coaster would be pretty cool - giving a VR experience of the coaster from within the park before it opens, just to give people a taste: http://liseberg.com/en/home/Amusement-Park/Rides--Attractions/Valkyria--2018/

Unfortunately it's too late for that now

That's not a Supergirl cape (she wears a red cape) it's just a hot pink (not magenta) cape with a superman logo on it..

and if it's a hint, it is only pure coincidence, the marketing department have shown themselves to have no ability to create hype or build up. We'll get all the info we need in one big press dump whenever they get around to it 

They have a cape for all the Superheroes. The pink one is for Supergirl, Red for Superman, Green for Green Lantern, Red for the Flash, Black or Silver for Batman and Wonder Woman is Blue. They also have Scooby, Joker, and Harley as well.

Why would they have everyone but Supergirl if it was just a pink Superman cape?

Edited by JaggedJanine

The fact the merch team have decided to allocate non-relative colours to superheroes in order to sell capes with logos isn't the point of my comment. 

They are not going to design a magenta colour Coaster and say "well it's a supergirl Coaster of course, we sell capes in that colour!"

I still stand by it being a superman cape in pink to be attractive to young girls. Supergirl wears zero pink, and every other cape (even those of superheroes that don't wear capes) is relative to the colour of their costume. 

Anyways, it has nothing to do with the coaster, let's agree on that!

Okay, go to the kitchen drawer. Grab a spoon. No, a bigger spoon. Good.

Now, fill that spoon with a few hundred grains of salt. Yep, about that much. I've been told by someone down that way it's a Harley Quinn coaster. 

I was a bit perplexed upon hearing that, as a magenta track doesn't match that theme in any obvious way..

6 minutes ago, Glubbo said:

Okay, go to the kitchen drawer. Grab a spoon. No, a bigger spoon. Good.

Now, fill that spoon with a few hundred grains of salt. Yep, about that much. I've been told by someone down that way it's a Harley Quinn coaster. 

I was a bit perplexed upon hearing that, as a magenta track doesn't match that theme in any obvious way..

What are you saying?  Is my daily salt intake inadequate?

@Richard I have nothing now.  I thought the removal of the post was part of a larger conspiracy theory.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I never watched Suicide Squad but is Harley Quinn the major character of the movie or is she the poster child because she is easy on the eyes?

It’s interesting how many people think MW will theme this coaster around a lesser known character.

No offence to Harley, but I doubt its Harley themed. Its far too big, racy, and grandeur. A Harley coaster would be more like a Tunnel of Love ride.

42 minutes ago, Skeeta said:

@Richard I have nothing now.  I thought the removal of the post was part of a larger conspiracy theory.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I never watched Suicide Squad but is Harley Quinn the major character of the movie or is she the poster child because she is easy on the eyes?

It’s interesting how many people think MW will theme this coaster around a lesser known character.

and its because they already have Batman, Superman and Green Lantern. Like theres still the rest of the mains of the Justice League: Cyborg, Flash, Aquaman, and Wonder Woman. But Wonder Woman is the closest they get to magenta (she get the Pink Lantern).

Edited by Mox

5 minutes ago, Reanimated35 said:

It's 2017, aren't we supposed to be passed assigning gender to things based off colour? 

Lmao it wasn't based off gender. it was based off the comicslatest?cb=20101218012943cd923ac80b8627a93299ad9594acc8b9.jpg

she gets a Pink Lantern ring. But its also a far reach for the coaster. Because I doubt they would do it. So of all the main DC characters (the JLA) she's the closest, yet also the farthest. 

Edited by Mox

Harley Quinn wouldn't be the most awful option.  I mean who the fuck is Doomsday?  She's only a relatively new character, being made for the Batman animated series, which I never watched, so hadn't even heard of her till a couple of years ago.  Surprisingly for a something made for the cartoon she's actually a really interesting well conceived character, with this tragic abusive twisted love story with the Joker, although to the casual observer Harley Quinn is 'Sexy Joker' which seems to be a popular enough concept that has assured she is well known.  Obviously in the awful bloated mess of a movie that was Suicide Squad, the interesting chemistry and backstory was rushed and all over the place, but even then Harley Quinn was the one element a lot of people seemed to like. 

There is a well known rumor that the ride was supposed to be themed to Suicide Squad at one point but they changed their minds because it was an unpalatable theme after last year.  Creatively it would have been an awful idea anyway, why anyone thought that adding a ride themed to an outdated abomination of a film starring villains outside the brand spanking new Villains themed area would be a good move is, and always will be, a total mystery to me.  It's a ride that should have always been themed to one of the big DC heros, with Flash, Wonder Woman or Jason Mona's Aquaman being very obvious and good choices.  Now it's the wrong colour for them, (no one cares about a comic where Wonder Woman wore pink, if you make a Magenta Wonder Woman coaster it'll need a better explanation than that to keep the feminists happy) so what to call Australia's best coaster that happens to be magenta?  Could do much worse than Harley Quinn, even if she is a villain in a hero area and is represented in Arkham Asylum.

Calm down @joz. Suicide Squad wasn't THAT bad...

i mean it's not gonna win any oscars, but it's an decent mindless popcorn flick with far too many characters and ideas packed into it. 

(It did win an oscar, but we'll overlook that haha). 

Dont see it being Harley themed though. Her Classic comic costume is black/white/red. Her suicide squad costume is red/blue/white. There's no magenta in her character at all. 

1 hour ago, Santa07 said:

@Mox By that logic they could build a blue coaster and call it the Flash.

Harley Quinn I can see working.

yeah thats what I was saying by "I doubt they would do it." and initially, the discussion was about her being the closest to the main DC Heroes/Superheroes (JLA) having magenta because none of the others have any connection to the colour, other than the lantern. Although, mentioning her love lantern, it was just an explanation as to how far they would have to reach to make it one of the main JLA heroes.

Im still with Bizzaro though. I just can't see it being Harley ride. I know they don't go "this ride is perfect for the character because it represents their personality" but it just doesn't make much sense that something so large and heavy would be her.

• Gazza locked this topic
  • Richard unlocked and locked this topic
  • Richard unlocked this topic