102 members have voted

1. 1. Pink track: what's the theme?

• Joker
    • Suicide Squad
    • Wonder Woman
    • Flash
    • Aquaman
    • Other (tell us in a post)

I doubt they could make such large changes with such late notice. Incident happen late October, and I'm fairly sure that everything, including paint colouring would've been locked in and couldn't be changed. And if they did change it, they aren't going to theme a ride to something that doesn't even match the colour the track. And for Suicide Squad seems to be the only reasonable option to match the colour that we see so far, but happy to be wrong. And as @red dragin says, it may not just be the one colour, but we will soon find out.

9 minutes ago, gumb00t said:

Must have turned up in a hurry if they needed those for padding lol

Why not use it?   The timber they place under the track is packing timber that was used during shipment.  They don’t go out and buy timber to keep the coaster off the ground they use whatever is around.

9 minutes ago, themagician said:

I doubt they could make such large changes with such late notice. Incident happen late October, and I'm fairly sure that everything, including paint colouring would've been locked in and couldn't be changed. And if they did change it, they aren't going to theme a ride to something that doesn't even match the colour the track. And for Suicide Squad seems to be the only reasonable option to match the colour that we see so far, but happy to be wrong. And as @red dragin says, it may not just be the one colour, but we will soon find out.

Capture.thumb.JPG.706bced95eef4528fb8757abf7e38ec9.JPG

They were still mucking around with the station design on the 28.02.17.

Edited by YLFATEEKS

22 minutes ago, MickeyD said:

@mattcrombie has a reputation for accuracy at parkz. Even though we don't hear much from him anymore he is usually a reliable source?

Are you saying they are going to repaint the whole track ant that's why they have built 2 work bays?

@Richard This site is going very slow at the moment. 

2 minutes ago, YLFATEEKS said:

Are you saying they are going to repaint the whole track ant that's why they have built 2 work bays?

@Richard This site is going very slow at the moment. 

Umm no that is not what I am saying. I was saying that @mattcrombie  is usually a reliable source.

You don't have to go changing the paint scheme but the  name may have been changed from "Suicide Squad' to something similarly related.

I'm thinking this ride is going to be themed to The Joker and himself only, but it is probably the Suicide Squad incarnation and not the one from the comics. The pink track I see screams Joker and this coaster will most likely go in the DC Super-Villains Unleashed area if it is being themed to a DC villain. It's kind of useless having an area in a theme park with a single ride in it, like with Doomsday at the moment. And plus, there's no standalone Joker ride in the park at the moment, and having a Suicide Squad collective ride makes it too close to Arkham Asylum, theming-wise.

The coaster's pink track is quite reminiscent of the old Joker's Revenge coaster at Six Flags Fiesta Texas (now sitting abandoned in New Orleans), adding to my suggestion that this ride could be a Joker standalone ride.82259c59f480cc90df9aa71df2d5403b.jpg

Being an extreme comic nerd myself, I would have loved a Killing Joke theme, but that doesn't deserve a standalone ride. 

9 minutes ago, XxMrYoshixX said:

The pink track I see screams Joker and this coaster will most likely go in the DC Super-Villains Unleashed area if it is being themed to a DC villain. It's kind of useless having an area in a theme park with a single ride in it, like with Doomsday at the moment. 

What? Lol, time to come out from under your mushroom now... you do realise they have been developing the entire front of MW specifically for this new coaster's placement... right??? 

It's very safe to say that this coaster is definitely NOT going in the DC Super-Villians Unleashed area down the back of the park. Not to mention there is not enough room in that precinct for a rollercoaster, anyway ?

58 minutes ago, XxMrYoshixX said:

The pink track I see screams Joker and this coaster will most likely go in the DC Super-Villains Unleashed area if it is being themed to a DC villain. It's kind of useless having an area in a theme park with a single ride in it, like with Doomsday at the moment.

The track footings go no where near the villains area, so it won't be linked to that area. It's pretty safe to say it will be from the path between GL and JL.

And here's an image to really show how far away they are

58d218be4cbd3_ScreenShot2017-03-22at4_23_22pm.thumb.png.7fdd98074d02a0c3417e9b681ca824ea.png

Edited by themagician
Added Image

• Richard changed the title to Movie World Hypercoaster - colour, theme and announcement speculation
  • Gazza locked this topic
  • Richard unlocked and locked this topic
  • Richard unlocked this topic