1. 1. Pink track: what's the theme?

• Joker
    • Suicide Squad
    • Wonder Woman
    • Flash
    • Aquaman
    • Other (tell us in a post)

8 minutes ago, jack.c said:

I'm happy it's pink. All the green and palm trees around/swamp it will be quite a colourful area. 

Ok this is the problem.  Before the track started to turn up we all said "can't wait until the track turns up because the colour will tell us the theme"

Problem:  We can't even agree on what colour it is.

Edited by YLFATEEKS

Six flags is in a MUCH larger market, with a lot more comic book reads per capita compared to Australia (don't ask me for stats, I'm basing it on physical comic book store #s)

The majority of the other heroes and villains are represented by rides amongst their parks, so they are running out of ideas/themes 

i don't believe Bizarro has ever been the theme of the signature/flagship coaster in any park, it's been on a supplemental attraction. 

Bizarro is a terrible idea. 

Edited by Brad2912

Here's something I just thought of... Power Rangers!

Reasons:

- New PR movie coming out this year.

- One of the PR's is pink. 

- Movieworld shared something about winning tickets to the premiere. 

I honestly don't think this will happen though, just a random thought ?imageproxy.php?img=&key=33dbdb8b5f3d6bf3

IMG_2729.JPG

IMG_2730.PNG

Edited by xRazzBerryx

3 hours ago, Theme Park Girl said:

Depends which version of Harley Quinn they decide to go with, I guess. The traditional one (as per who is featured in the park, as opposed to the new movie version played by Margot Robbie) traditionally wears red and black. And up until now, pretty much all of MW's DC characters have been based on the traditional comic book & cartoon versions in regards to their costumes and appearances.

So if they were to theme it to HQ, that would mean they would have to finally introduce the new DC character versions to the park. In which case yeah, it could very well work since the new HQ has hot pink and blue dyed hair - so maybe a pink and blue track? Who knows lol :) 

Harley_Quinn_Design.jpg.da81200b896ff125671ecf697da73fd7.jpg4080219998b9eed845c2722d32ac347a.thumb.jpg.7e25255a24ae6d89a24a1864e34c42f1.jpg

The comic outfits are now becoming more and more like the suicide squad one. The original outfit is rarely used. Also the Arkham Knight version is slightly towards the SS one, with the hair. Although the colours are much darker. 

HARLEY_Cv1_57312d90821633.60081086.jpg

This one is from August last year. 

Also the change of theme if true could of been why the announcement hasn't been released. If they truly did plan to announce last year. As they had to make sure everything was set before they committed themselves. 

Edited by CruiseSF

20 minutes ago, Brad2912 said:

Everyone knows if you're doing a power ranger coaster it'd be Red or Green. 

My thoughts would be that the whole coaster is 5 different colours. Kind of like Olympia Looping but it wouldn't have 5 loops, maybe 5 different sections? 

14 minutes ago, joz said:

Why am I just seeing this for the first time now?!?! HAHA!

1 hour ago, Brad2912 said:

Kimberley was annoying, worst ranger of all. 

Everyone knows if you're doing a power ranger coaster it'd be Red or Green. 

Haha. I totally had a crush on Billy, the original blue power ranger! Always did had a thing for nerdy looking blokes with glasses whilst growing up (and possibly still do, as I may or may not find Leonard from BBT a bit of a spunk lol) ???

..... Aaaaaanyways..... !!!!!! 

1 hour ago, YLFATEEKS said:

If you ever wanted to know what schiene was in english.  Rail 55

Capture.thumb.PNG.f91826ee1316b8072118a8e1ee7654e0.PNG

Is this photo more true?  @Brad2912@Theme Park Girl

Haha... I google translated 'Schiene' as soon as I saw The photo earlier incase Schiene was German for Joker haha

and certainly yes, that's more the colour you see to the eye, and definitely a Joker 'magenta'

3 minutes ago, YLFATEEKS said:

How did you come up with 200?

20 sounds too low, 2000 sounds too many??? 

@YLFATEEKS as stated I have no idea. :) I based it of the perfect storm at jamberoo which had 45 shipping containers. It was just a simple guess that I was hoping someone with more knowledge would know or take a well educated guess

@Ryande16 thanks for an indication what about track supports. 

Edited by TomiJ

2 hours ago, pin142 said:

Joker theme just doesn't seem right given almost all other most recent Joker rides in the USA has been green and purple.

I don't think you can discount the possibility of our hyper-coaster being Joker themed, purely based on the most recent Six Flags Joker coaster colour schemes.

It just doesn't seem right that this new coaster would be Joker and/or Harlequin themed, given that Arkham Asylum is another headline attraction mainly based off these characters. On a side note, I've always thought the arkham asylum theme was very wishy-washy in it's execution.....and the name very uninspiring - Arkham Asylum coaster lol......its kinda like calling it 'Mental Hospital Coaster'.

19 hours ago, mattcrombie said:

It was apparently meant to be themed to suicide squad but with what happened at Dreamworld they have changed the theme. 

I don't understand how a hyper-coaster ride system suits a thematic story of a group of supervillains who are ordered to save the world from threats. Perhaps i just can't make the creative link between Suicide Squad and a rollercoaster.

12 hours ago, Brad2912 said:

i don't believe Bizarro has ever been the theme of the signature/flagship coaster in any park, it's been on a supplemental attraction. 

Bizarro is a terrible idea. 

https://rcdb.com/502.htm

Even though it's not their flagship.  They did retheme to bizarro.

But i don't think it will be bizarro

Edited by Inverted

• Richard changed the title to Movie World Hypercoaster - colour, theme and announcement speculation
  • Gazza locked this topic
  • Richard unlocked and locked this topic
  • Richard unlocked this topic