102 members have voted

1. 1. Pink track: what's the theme?

• Joker
    • Suicide Squad
    • Wonder Woman
    • Flash
    • Aquaman
    • Other (tell us in a post)

@MickeyD True... but if they were gonna go with another DC ride (which we kinda knew they were going to due to the coasters placement, and their obvious preference in DC theming over recent years) at least they have decided to play a major card here - no pun intended lol. The Joker is arguably the most infamous, well known and recognisable villian out of their entire DC Universe. 

If they were gonna go DC, then in my opinion they have made an excellent choice!

Although I still did have my heart set on this....

7979.jpg.03c9d49c8e3370cb355a84697e8512fe.jpg

(Still haven't given up hope yet. Would be the ultimate troll) ??

I did say a couple of months ago I was betting on a Joker coaster as an extension of the whole "bad guys" thing they were doing with Doomsday Destroyer. Still my bet. As for supports, maybe green but that could be too similar to Green Lantern considering the proximity so maybe purple.

Already done my trip down, and it definitely is pink and not just the lighting. The second photo really shows how bright it is. And these are pieces 55 and 56, based off the numbering at the end of the track. Work happening everywhere today, not just in the carpark (Roof is continuing its installation). Bobcats doing some digging towards TopGolf part of site, and near lift hill.

IMG_8587.thumb.jpg.92c37a3388c9c93ea3610cbfdfc22588.jpg

IMG_8588.thumb.jpg.7b5ea6db2d04009f487d3721f4a462a8.jpg

IMG_8589.thumb.jpg.fc0c8a8accc8d415f6dff4170b4c4e66.jpg

I'm really stumped with the theme for this coaster.....now that the colour has been revealed. As others have saod already, hot pink does not suit Wonder Woman and the character's ethos.....so I think we can logically rule that out.

I'm not a fan of it being themed to suicide squad.....that just seems like a messy theme. The joker would be a fantastic theme....although arkham asylum already exists.

This is a huge investment, and will become movieworld's flagship ride. Whatever theme they have chosen surely needs to be synonymous with the GP. It really shouldn't be an obscure superhero/villain.

Edited by Luke

• Richard changed the title to Movie World Hypercoaster - colour, theme and announcement speculation
  • Gazza locked this topic
  • Richard unlocked and locked this topic
  • Richard unlocked this topic