1. 1. Pink track: what's the theme?

• Joker
    • Suicide Squad
    • Wonder Woman
    • Flash
    • Aquaman
    • Other (tell us in a post)

Agree @MickeyD

your flagship, and probably the greatest rollercoaster in the country for the foreseeable future, isn't going to be themed to a bit-part hero or villain that only an avid dc fan would know. It will be a mainstream property to appeal to the masses, advertise more easily and sell more merch.

on that conclusion, it's really Joker or nothing unless a very unlikely re-paint occurs. 

It would be really easy to shift the theme from suicide squad to harley quinn if they have an issue with using the suicide squad name due to the dreamworld events.  It would require limited changes to the the theming and would work just as well since she is apparently getting her own movie soon. So if they really did have an issue, the change would of been easy. 

Sorry if there is spelling and grammar issues my tablet keeps auto correcting stuff even when it is correct. 

Edited by CruiseSF

19 minutes ago, CruiseSF said:

It would be really easy to shift the theme from suicide squad to harley quinn if they have an issue with using the suicide squad name due to the dreamworld events.  It would require limited changes to the the theming and would work just as well since she is apparently getting her own movie soon.

Depends which version of Harley Quinn they decide to go with, I guess. The traditional one (as per who is featured in the park, as opposed to the new movie version played by Margot Robbie) traditionally wears red and black. And up until now, pretty much all of MW's DC characters have been based on the traditional comic book & cartoon versions in regards to their costumes and appearances.

So if they were to theme it to HQ, that would mean they would have to finally introduce the new DC character versions to the park. In which case yeah, it could very well work since the new HQ has hot pink and blue dyed hair - so maybe a pink and blue track? Who knows lol :) 

Harley_Quinn_Design.jpg.da81200b896ff125671ecf697da73fd7.jpg4080219998b9eed845c2722d32ac347a.thumb.jpg.7e25255a24ae6d89a24a1864e34c42f1.jpg

If they're doing a Joker theme I'm sure they'd want to take the queue behind Superman, so the entrance is beside AA. If they're doing a Suicide Squad theme, I think either behind Superman or next to JL could work - the latter because I think having the contrast of JL and SS next to each other could work quite well.

Harley (and Margot) was no doubt the standout from Suicide Squad, and will be seen in the sequel and Gotham Sirens movies in coming years. Do I see them bringing the SS version of Harley to MW? I'd love to see it but it may be a little risqué? No?? If you tried to do a toned-down version, then you're diluting the linkage. 

We're also yet to see any of the dc themed attractions have their theme or imagery linked to the film universe, it's all been from the more traditional comic base. 

3 minutes ago, Brad2912 said:

Do I see them bringing the SS version of Harley to MW? I'd love to see it but it may be a little risqué? No?? If you tried to do a toned-down version, then you're diluting the linkage.

Exactly my thoughts in the past. The new Harley doesn't exactly dress or act in the "family friendly" manner, as per the park's target audience lol :blink::lol: At least the old one is a lot more modest with her somewhat angelic attitude and full body suit costume (even if the guys still get a kick out of it, haha) :P 

@Inverted thanks for the update :) Can only assume that they are the other pieces sitting inside the brown shipping container earlier! I wonder when the next lot will arrive? Maybe tonight sometime? :D

• Richard changed the title to Movie World Hypercoaster - colour, theme and announcement speculation
  • Gazza locked this topic
  • Richard unlocked and locked this topic
  • Richard unlocked this topic