102 members have voted

1. 1. Pink track: what's the theme?

• Joker
    • Suicide Squad
    • Wonder Woman
    • Flash
    • Aquaman
    • Other (tell us in a post)

As others have said it would make sense to have the Suicide Squad gang hanging out next to Hall of Justice, however due to events of last year (as others have suggested) perhaps a decision has been made to soften the whole SS theme and change the title of the ride to Joker instead.

In addressing the Arkham issue, perhaps another reskin is on the cards for the release of Flash in coming years?This would also be a good time to introduce a Wonder Woman themed Star Flyer in the now defunct courtyard area..

9 minutes ago, SuperV said:

^Well really it is called Arkham Asylum: Shock Therapy.

But hey they have the Joker and Harley in two different places at Movieworld why not put them in a 3rd Spot!

Initially I think it was called that....but now I think MW have given up on the long name and simply call it Arkham Asylum.

BAM.jpg.eff58afe5a0de39cfc57730ac8f78fb4.jpg

http://movieworld.com.au/rides-and-attractions/thrill-rides/arkham-asylum.aspx

That's true, they are featured in the villains unleashed precinct as well. But they aren't the main stars of the doomsday ride.

Edited by Luke

29 minutes ago, Luke said:

I don't think you can discount the possibility of our hyper-coaster being Joker themed, purely based on the most recent Six Flags Joker coaster colour schemes.

It just doesn't seem right that this new coaster would be Joker and/or Harlequin themed, given that Arkham Asylum is another headline attraction mainly based off these characters. On a side note, I've always thought the arkham asylum theme was very wishy-washy in it's execution.....and the name very uninspiring - Arkham Asylum coaster lol......its kinda like calling it 'Mental Hospital Coaster'

It makes PERFECT sense now though with virtual reality. Probably the best themed ride in Australia now.

Edited by pushbutton

To be honest Suicide Squad was a shit movie.  If MW did change the theme it probably had nothing to do the incident at DW but MW not wanting to theme a ride around a flop.(If you want to see a good superhero movie go and watch Logan.)   Just like when you ride Arkham Asylum you know you are riding a Joker coaster, MW could have based it on Suicide Squad without calling it Suicide Squad if the name is the problem. 

^Why are they showing this coaster?

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.thumb.JPG.465ded9a55aced0f396963d826730bd6.JPG

Edited by YLFATEEKS

IMG_20170322_165445237.jpg

So are we thinking that all the containers will be the same colour?  A lot of container trucks on the road this morning yet sadly none with the tarp on the top :(  And do we know if they came in on one truck (B double) or as 2 separate?

5 minutes ago, YLFATEEKS said:

To be honest Suicide Squad was a shit movie.  If MW did change the theme it probably had nothing to do the incident at DW but MW not wanting to theme a ride around a flop.

And yet...

Image result for green lantern coaster

Edited by MaxxTheMonster

The suicide squad movie wansnt bad, just wasn't great, especially after all the hype for it. It was better than batman v Superman though. Along with Batman & Robin, GL in my opinion is one of the worst superhero movies made. And the ride, except for its name, focuses more on the comics, like all their other rides and characters. Except for Christopher Nolans batman. We don't see the SS version of joker and Harley Quinn in the park, so if the movie was themed around SS i imagine it would be the comic book version

@themagician That's my problem with SS.  It's not great.  MW is about to unleash the greatest ever ride in Australia.  Nothing I thought I would ever see built in my lifetime and people are ok to slap on a name referenced to a not great movie.  Like me a lot of people don't know the original SS so all we have to go on is a not great movie. 

Question for people who know.

Is the name Suicide Squad a tile for the movie or were they always know as SS?

Edited by YLFATEEKS

13 minutes ago, YLFATEEKS said:

MW is about to unleash the greatest ever ride in Australia.  Nothing I thought I would ever see built in my lifetime and people are ok to slap on a name referenced to a not great movie.

^This! If the coaster is indeed themed to a superhero/villain IP, it must be an iconic, classic, much loved, easily recognisable and marketable character. It would be a shame to stuff this one up.

Edited by Luke

Aww. I love Two Face!!! I still don't understand why he hasn't been featured as a DC Character/Villain at MW, let alone anything DC related lately :(

(Funnily enough one of the coins from the MW exclusive 'Forever Evil' coin sets is themed to Two Face, so at least they have acknowledged in some way that he exists lol) 

37 minutes ago, Luke said:

^This! If the coaster is indeed themed to a superhero/villain IP, it must be an iconic, classic, much loved, easily recognisable and marketable character. It would be a shame to stuff this one up.

That's why I've advocated the Batman theme.

Giant Batman LED on the lift hill (like the Bat symbol in the sky) would look awesome from the highway and entry into MW, and there aren't many people around that wouldn't recognise that.

Spaceshot doesn't really do a huge character like Batman justice, so change that to some 'lower' character.... Yes there is AA but that's more a villian/joker theme than Batman (I think Batman really only appears in VR?).

But anyway, the colour of the track so far is suggesting otherwise.

I'd never heard of Sucide Squad (or any of the characters in it) until the movie came out.  I think if you did a poll of the general public on which is the greatest and most recognisable Super Hero, you'd get Superman and Batman as the runaway answers.  Naming this coaster (being the biggest, most prominent coaster in MW and probably AU) anything other than one of those two doesn't seem right to me. Superman is already well represent but Batman isn't (Spaceshot? c'mon.  Not a bad ride but not worthy of Batman!).

Edited by mission

44 minutes ago, Inverted said:

I find it strange they use comic book versions at all.

Warner Bros comic book world is not the "theme" park

That is most likely to do with licensing agreements and royalties. Movie World would have to pay the actors if they used their likeness in the park. 

1 hour ago, YLFATEEKS said:

@themagician That's my problem with SS.  It's not great.  MW is about to unleash the greatest ever ride in Australia.  Nothing I thought I would ever see built in my lifetime and people are ok to slap on a name referenced to a not great movie.  Like me a lot of people don't know the original SS so all we have to go on is a not great movie. 

Question for people who know.

Is the name Suicide Squad a tile for the movie or were they always know as SS?

The Suicide Squad was created in 87, and was primarily made to allow for less known DC characters to be used. Hence why the characters of the Suicide Squad are pretty much unknown characters, the exception is Harley Quinn and the Joker (although the joker is not a part of the squad. he is only connected by being the romantic love interest of Harley), she was much less known when she first started appearing in them. The comics have been becoming more and more popular in recent years as Harley Quinn has become more and more known. 

Also there is a second Suicide Squid movie in the works. As well as the Harley Quinn movie. 

Edited by CruiseSF

2 minutes ago, CruiseSF said:

Also there is a second Suicide Squid movie in the works. As well as the Harley Quinn movie. 

It still doesn't make sense to have a first tier coaster named after second tier characters.  Lucky the themeing is just that and really won't make the actual ride better or worse.

• Richard changed the title to Movie World Hypercoaster - colour, theme and announcement speculation
  • Gazza locked this topic
  • Richard unlocked and locked this topic
  • Richard unlocked this topic